There are newer employer reviews for Caesars Entertainment

Opportunity but challenging situation

Current Employee - Manager in Las Vegas, NV (US)
Current Employee - Manager in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Caesars offers a lot of opportunity for people to grow their careers. It is common for people to move around within the company and you get a chance to develop new skills and try new things. The company operates in multiple business segments (hotel, gaming, food & beverage, live entertainment) so there are a multitude of interesting things you can do.

Cons

The company is in a challenged financial position and as a result, people are stretched quite thin. There are constant changes and a fairly high amount of turnover, which can damage momentum of initiatives and business progress.

369 Other Employee Reviews for Caesars Entertainment (View Most Recent)

Harrah's provided me with numerous opportunities for a career

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment

Pros

Massive business with numerous learning opportunities
    Free meals every day at employee dinning room
    Dealt with so many smart people who made me better
    Continued growth strategy

Cons

With company being very good at expense management, the less savvy leaders would sometimes sacrifice revenue to save expenses. This is fine, as long as three revenue loss is less than the expense savings, but they did not know. Also there are individuals who invest to attract revenue and not understand it was a dilution of another area and overall profit could be less.

Make sure when a person has a revenue idea, they can articulate where the revenue comes from and that it is not just shifting buckets while layering expenses.

Run for the hills

Former Employee - Table Games Dealer in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Former Employee - Table Games Dealer in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I worked at Caesars Entertainment full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Some benefits that were good at one time. In the last 2 years, everything was cut. Generous vacation that you will never get to use and will lose when you are terminated. I was owed two weeks that I never received.

Cons

A very depressing atmosphere where the better you are the more they beat you down. The worse you are, the more they will prop you up. Everything was taken away including the EDR and the medical benefits. They make you go through this involved program every year in order to keep the benefit cost to a minimum. If you don't complete it, your healthcare costs will quintuple. I worked there for nearly six years and was fired for nothing. I also had a clean record and was never late.

Learn how to manage and treat people. Earn promotions based on merit and not by throwing people under the bus.

There are newer employer reviews for Caesars Entertainment