CafePress

Great people, lousy communication

Programmer (Current Employee)
Louisville, KY (US)

I have been working at CafePress full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCafepress is constantly moving forward; with products, ideas, & technologies. The people are friendly and the atmosphere is comfortable and relaxed.

ConsCommunication is absolutely atrocious! For example, I have to hear through the grape vine that someone I depend on is leaving the company. No one tells anyone else what they are doing or asks how it can be done better. They just go off and do it, usually making the same mistakes again and again.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet people to work together and communicate from the top down and you will have a much happier work force.

Not a good place for your career if your an software engineer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at CafePress

Pros: Some great people to work with. Cons: Not the place to work if your an engineer. It… Advice to Senior Management: Board needs to change the C's. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Lots of work for little gain

Marketing (Former Employee)
San Mateo, CA (US)

I worked at CafePress full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: -People are friendly. -Tenured employees know the business well. -Room for growth and learning depending who… Cons: -Low salaries -Low morale -Lack of benefits -Lack of communications from upper managment -Upper management does not know how to motivate their teams. -Upper management is in denial about why… Advice to Senior Management: CafePress can be a place for great growth and employee enrichment however the upper management seem to be all disconnected with everyone they manage. Many… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on CafePress.

Worked for CafePress? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CafePress reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CafePress CEO Bob Marino. All reviews posted anonymously by CafePress employees.