Cambridge Associates, LLC

www.cambridgeassociates.com
Engaged Employer
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC

Cambridge Associates was a waste of time

Former Employee - Investment Performance Analyst in Arlington, VA (US)
Former Employee - Investment Performance Analyst in Arlington, VA (US)

I worked at Cambridge Associates, LLC full-time

Pros

I enjoyed working with my coworkers in the "secluded" office. They were about the only thing that kept me at Cambridge Associates.

Cons

Lack of experienced management, communication, and help. When you speak up, no one ever listens or tries to fix the situation.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees when they speak up to you. We are speaking up for a reason.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great working environment, Great people

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Cambridge Associates, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most people are willing to cooperate, resonable and smart. Great work/life balance. Open minded leaders with long-term perspective in enterprise development.
    The company also provides great career path for the internal employees, and many people work for the company more than 10 years, even 20 years.

Cons

I could not tell much about the cons, since I like this company. If I have to something, I will say that the work pace could be a little faster. Be more responsive to the market change and be more client-oriented.

Poor compensation and lack of career advancement makes it difficult after two years

Current Employee - Senior Research Associate
    Current Employee - Senior Research Associate

I have been working at Cambridge Associates, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-High quality exposure to investment managers
    -Looks good on the resume
    -Initial good experience, but fades as time wears on
    -Good work/life balance
    -Management is open to hearing your issues, but it often does not go past this.

Cons

-Poor compensation and lack of ways to motivate employees.
    -Lack of cross collaboration among research departments makes employees incredibly siloed.
    -Any advancement (at least in manager research) is just a recognition of work performed with no additional responsibility being given.
    -One of C|A's "pillars" is to "Attract, leverage, and retain the best talent", but management focuses solely on attracting and especially leveraging talent doing little to nothing to try and retain any talent despite saying that you are a valued member and they want to retain you.
    -Advancement is limited at best. The highest level someone can achieve comes with an 18 month commitment which does not contain any real additional responsibility or explanation as to why a commitment must be made.

Advice to Management

If you really wish to retain the talent that you have leveraged take steps to address compensation and benefit issues. Management is too worried about the profit sharing plan while ignoring fairly compensating lower level employees that are not granted access to the profit sharing plan. Additionally, have a clear plan on how you want employees to develop over their career and have clear responsibilities as you "promote" employees.