There are newer employer reviews for Cerner

Good for new Hires, temporary job for experienced professionals.

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Kansas City, MO (US)
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Kansas City, MO (US)

I worked at Cerner full-time for more than a year

Pros

1) Kansas city is a cheap place to live. Cerner pays competitive salary compared to other technology companies located in Kansas City.
2) Good place for new grads to start career but not for experienced professional.

Cons

1) Experienced teammates will be mediocre. The only reason they are your seniors is because they have worked there for X amount of years.
2) Promised projects never get executed not even when specifically mentioned while signing the offer. You`ll be put on a project you have no clue about.
2) Lack of smart people makes work boring. You dont learn anything related to coding. There is too much stress given on knowing to use Cerner applications than actually implementing programming concepts. Unles you want to work in hospitals as a Cerner product consultant Cerner product knowledge is useless.
3) CCL is only used in Cerner. It becomes tough to apply for your next job. Dont spend too much time time coding in CCL.

Give preference to employees who are smart rather than employees who have worked in the company for longer.

684 Other Employee Reviews for Cerner (View Most Recent)

Very unprofessional and low moral

Current Employee - Delivery Consultant  in  Kansas City, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Delivery Consultant in Kansas City, MO (US)

I have been working at Cerner full-time for more than a year

Pros

There really aren't any great reasons to work here. The turnover is very high because people aren't happy here. Its usually a means to an end until you quit or move to third party with six figures.

Cons

Too young of managers with no experience and can't manage well. Its more of a young company where people fall into cliques and can discriminate in a sense that they will promote their own friends and not base it off of skill set. I travel 85% of the time working close to 70+ hours a week and have a hard time taking off a day when sick. I was not paid my per diem for a week because my expense report didn't balance because of a $1,98 water that was bought. Overall, it is not a professional company and they don't know how to keep moral high. They always say you own your own track here at Cerner, but that's far from the truth. I would highly recommend considering Epic where they pay 15%+ more for the same jobs.

Great for Growth/ Work Hard play hard

I have been working at Cerner full-time

Pros

Tons of room to move within the company

Cons

My jobs doesn't take long hours but others work very hard and long long hours

There are newer employer reviews for Cerner

Worked for Cerner? Contribute to the Community!