There are newer employer reviews for Charles Schwab

Great Company. Employee first, attitude. Fun environment.

Current Employee - Operations Associate  in  Orlando, FL (US)
Current Employee - Operations Associate in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast-paced. Fun, never a dull moment. Always learning something new. Paid sabbatical every 5th year!

Cons

Pay is so-so. Can't advance unless you are licensed (to be expected)

863 Other Employee Reviews for Charles Schwab (View Most Recent)

Perfect job for a person with IQ of 80 or below. Must Love Bingo, Pokeno and Coloring.

Current Employee - Broker Trainee  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Broker Trainee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I no longer work there.

Cons

When hired they never tell you that there is sales involved. They also never tell you that it is a call center. If you have never worked in call center, you will not know that in this job you do not have any autonomy on anything. Your breaks, lunchtime, and desks are selected for you. I often called it Schwab High School. They tell you silly phrases like "make new best friends on the phone call" or "this is a fun job" You are required to play silly games like Bingo, Pokeno, and do coloring activities ... yes I am serious coloring..like crayons and markers .... If you have a backbone and do not particpate in these ascinine activitie , expect a write up. I was written up for not playing Bingo and not using my personal time to go to happy hour on my own personal time for team activites. If you are person of an IQ of about 80 it is the perfect place to work. They will think for you so there is no need for reasoning or logic.

Evaluate job performance not similarities of personalities. Not every good employee wants to be your friend.

Overall, great company to work for

Current Employee - Associate Financial Consultant
    Current Employee - Associate Financial Consultant

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Top notch technology and systems. The back office personnel are excellent and there are great resources available to find information quickly. Products and Managed Accounts are very cheap for the clients, so it is easy to sell what Schwab has to offer.

Cons

It is a large corporation and does not necessarily value constructive criticism of the processes that have been set in place.

For the Financial Consultants, compensation is very difficult to track and understand.

There are newer employer reviews for Charles Schwab

Worked for Charles Schwab? Contribute to the Community!