Children's Hospital Of The King's Daughters

www.chkd.org
Unclaimed Profile
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Children's Hospital Of The King's Daughters

It could be so much more...

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Norfolk, VA (US)
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Norfolk, VA (US)

I have been working at Children's Hospital Of The King's Daughters full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are a lot of friendly people to work with, great intern program, good surgeons, patient's can be adorable.

Cons

It doesn't have a merit based pay initiative, it only gives out a cost of living wage, and even that is taken away when finances are difficult. No clinical ladder. Advancement opportunities are not really earned but given to friends as perks. There is no retention program, there is no retention.

Advice to Management

You shouldn't be afraid of what is the right thing to do.

reviews filtered by
  1. Good Company, Good People

I have been working at Children's Hospital Of The King's Daughters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with, as well as the satisfaction of helping children. There seems to be room for growth depending on your department and goals.

Cons

Hours, but that depends on the position. Some managers seem to not encourage growth for employees. Some positions seem to not have enough work to do, while others have to much.

Advice to Management

Don't shoot down employee ideas right away.

2. Not a pleasant experience for me

Former Employee - Manager-job Ended In 2006 in Norfolk, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Manager-job Ended In 2006 in Norfolk, VA (US)

I worked at Children's Hospital Of The King's Daughters full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with ill children and infants

Cons

Heavy political (politically correct) atmosphere