Chubb Corp
www.chubb.com Warren, NJ 5000+ Employees

Politics over achievements

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Chubb Corp

ProsCompany will be around for some time due to conservative business practices.

ConsMany employees are hired based on whether they know someone in management. Management does not promote based on work achievements. Ideas are not taking into consideration from non-management. Software is antiquated and is in dire need of upgrades.

Advice to Senior ManagementFoster a culture that seeks to rewards those who truly earn it rather than attempting to appease someone by hiring their relatives. Also it would be a good idea to implement a system that has 360 feedback so that everyone is held accountable, not just by their superiors.

Great culture, solid training, awesome people, competitive salaries, lots of responsibility

Senior Underwriter (Former Employee)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Chubb Corp full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: As an Underwriter: -Lots of responsibility from day 1 -competitive pay and good bonus potential -great people; I… Cons: -Difficult to move upward; -limited global opportunities Advice to Senior Management: focus more on non-underwriting, value-add opportunities like integrating all IT systems onto one platform; take more admin duties off of underwriters' hands… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Used to be a great, close-knit company - now only the bottom line is important.

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
Warren, NJ (US)

I have been working at Chubb Corp full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Excellent training; good benefits; fairly good opportunities to move around… Cons: No work/life balance. Tons of layoffs and "restructuring" have been happening over the last couple of years. No true regard for people as… Advice to Senior Management: They won't listen. Paul Krump and Harold Morrison are good LEADERS. Everyone respects them and wants to work in… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Chubb Corp.

Worked for Chubb Corp? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chubb Corp reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Chubb Corp CEO John D. Finnegan. All reviews posted anonymously by Chubb Corp employees.