There are newer employer reviews for Cigna

Nurse Case Manager Specialist

Current Employee - Nurse Case Manager Specialist in Las Vegas, NV (US)
Current Employee - Nurse Case Manager Specialist in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I have been working at Cigna full-time (more than a year)

Pros

managers were friendly and smart,

Cons

little pay increase after just 1%, health insurance wasn't cheap,

Advice to Management

none

reviews filtered by

It's a job

Current Employee - Claims Manager in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Claims Manager in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I have been working at Cigna full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The job is easy after awhile, I mean it's repetitive work and you have to have some good customer service skills because you are called upon to give bad news alot, however the job isn't that hard. The company is flexible with opportunities for flex time, good vacation day allotment, early closings for holidays etc

Cons

Be sure to negotiate your salary, don't get into this job thinking you will get more than a 1 or 2 percent raise every year. And don't be surprised when you find out non-experienced new hires are brought in at comparable or even higher salaries than you are making even after many years on the job. The company does not care one bit about the revolving door, they have tons of people leaving over salary disputes but they don't seem to value the seasoned employee.

Advice to Management

I think as a whole ..the do as I say and not as I do approach that most management possesses as Cigna is very discouraging. Coupled with the favoritism and nepotism that is very widespread.

It's insurance

I worked at Cigna full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It's a safe, comfortable job where you might not be challenged by your day-to-day work. But hey, some people are looking for that right? For the most part, the pay is very fair and good. There's a high turnover for some reason.

Cons

But it's also incredibly competitive, a bit catty, and the lunchroom feels like high school. Most insurance companies, especially global ones, are moving to a work from home environment. Cigna isn't.

Advice to Management

Live the new brand, GO YOU, don't just market it.

There are newer employer reviews for Cigna