Cisco Systems

www.cisco.com
  www.cisco.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems

Cisco has out sourced it's culture and now we're out sourcing our common sense and good judgement

Current Employee - Program Manager
Current Employee - Program Manager

I have been working at Cisco Systems

Pros

Large company, still recognized as good branding on your resume. Work life balance is ok.
Pay is ok, but not competitive with other industry leaders. There are good people still left in the company to mentor you, but they are quickly leaving.

Cons

Cisco is in a constant Limited Restructure (Lay off) mode. When a group fails at a project the leadership moves to another group and the engineers are laid off. Way to many VPs Directors and managers. There are managers with only one or two people under them. Same with Directors and VPs. Cisco has lost its focus and the Senior Leadership team is driving the ship into the icebergs. Pay raises and promotions are only available to the managers and above. Cisco considers it an insult to give a 2% pay raise to cover cost of living, so they may give you 5% every 5 or 6 years. Recent Cisco motto is Be thankful you have a job!

The market says it well, Cisco is dead in the waters. We are the laughing stock of San Jose as well as Wall Street. Fire the board members and change the whole Senior Leadership. ANd maybe the stock will go up and we can regain our self respect finally. Stop out sourcing jobs to boost your stock options and pay.

5306 Other Employee Reviews for Cisco Systems (View Most Recent)

Good Company

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Cisco Systems

Pros

Good products, lots of resources, sharp employees

Cons

Inconsistent salary increases, too partner dependent.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Technical Lead in San Jose, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Technical Lead in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Cisco Systems

Pros

Good work - life balance
    Interesting work

Cons

Limited upside potential
    Dead wood exists, especially in management

look at managers that are part of the company through acquisitions and no longer contribute.

There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems