There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems

A very great place to work, it feels like a company that cares even though it is a large company

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA (US)
Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Cisco Systems

Pros

An excellent yearly review system that results in an impressive bonus. Management is accesible and each year you have an opportunity to have a lunch with the CEO (and many others with the same birthday of the month) and ask him a question if you want to. Egronimic services are available to customize your desk if that is what you need.

Cons

there could be more effort to compete with the tech start ups in providing a more interesting workplace. The offices are a bit drab.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Cisco Systems

Pros

best for the world, best in the world. technology assets good bench strength dominant position lots of cash reserves wants to succeed.

Cons

may be a victim of its own success. too many layers needs to value innovation differently. change faster to respond.

Advice to Management

reward and grow right people. focus on results. grow internal talent. be realistic in goals. have some fun in the company.

2. I have had a great ride at Cisco.

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Cisco Systems

Pros

Company leadership and core talent is top notch. Smart, collaborative teams on every project.

Cons

Hard to get promoted and the coming has flattened out in terms of growth. Will look for opportunities outside of Cisco in coming months.

Advice to Management

Need to give people a reason to stay despite the downturn. Employee morale took a hit during the recent layoffs and has not recovered.