There are newer employer reviews for Citi

good overall experience

I have been working at Citi

Pros

better location , nice chaps as managers, flexibility regarding work , thought input and takinga proper approac to solution

Cons

bad food , work is adhoc in nature most of the time

2686 Other Employee Reviews for Citi (View Most Recent)

Enormous amount of organizational overhead, micromanagement, and corporate dysfunction.

I worked at Citi

Pros

They support remote access (i.e. work from home), benefits are good.

Cons

Too many chiefs and no indians. Managers use employees as shields, so they have people to blame when things go awry. Huge focus on employee development that is totally disingenuous, since the goal every year is to find defenseless people to fire. Too many senior people in ministerial roles.

Hold your Directors and MDs accountable for something other than allowing them to blame subordinates.

Don't expect a raise!

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Citi full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work/Life balance is good, in fact they are heavy into Flexible Work Schedules, I am allowed to work from home two days a week, which is great. Other benefits are good as well, 401k, vacation, sick time, etc. The work is challenging most times.

Cons

Citi prides itself on being a meritocracy, which is supposed to mean - "A system in which advancement is based on individual ability or achievement." But that is just not true, even after getting a very good year end performance evaluation, I did not receive a pay raise, for the THIRD YEAR IN A ROW!!!!! The usual nonsense about not having money in the budget, yeah right, I'm sure my manager got a nice raise and a bonus too!

GIVE RAISES TO PEOPLE THAT DESERVE THEM!!!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Citi