Cool startup!

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Reston, VA (US)
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Reston, VA (US)

I worked at Clarabridge

Pros

Wonderful people to work with. Company seems to be going in good direction. Seems like many companies are very interested in text-mining and have had pretty successful feedback. Pay is very good especially for a startup.

Cons

Food in cafeteria not exactly healthy. Neither is the Cosmos Cafe found in the same building. A lot of the software development team is located offshore so it is hard to communicate with them.

Advice to Management

Keep up good work!

reviews filtered by

I really wouldn’t want to be anywhere else!

Current Employee - Account Executive in London, England
    Current Employee - Account Executive in London, England

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great People
    Great Culture
    World class Leadership
    World Leading Technology

I have worked in many companies during my career and, strangely enough, with one exception, they have all had some connection with North America. The one thing I can say is always consistent : work ethic, above all else, is world class. However, that is not always something I can say about culture and people, the things that make a company a ‘Great place to work’.

I was attracted to Clarabridge from another highly successful SaaS company. That success was built on its people and culture. The result was an exciting, high octane, high growth environment that people wanted to be a part of. That company has continued to be successful, growing strongly, and continuing to win accolades for its culture – a great place to work.

You can imagine then, when I considered the opportunity to work for Clarabridge, people and culture was TOP of my list.

I wasn’t disappointed, and I’m not disappointed 18 months on. In fact quite the opposite, I thought the spirit within my last company could not be beaten, I was wrong. Oh! yes, there may be flaws, nothing is ever perfect. However, Clarabridge is very, very fortunate to have not only world beating technology and a world beating leadership team; above all else, it has the secret sauce that is the envy of all aspiring companies, it’s no secret: Great People, Great Culture.

Cons

Of course, every company has its flaws, no different at Clarabridge, it's just there's so much more good stuff going on.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, good people breed good culture.

2. So-so leadership and clueless marketing

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of the people working there are friendly, switched on people and you can make some real friends. Salary is in alignment with the market.

Cons

Marketing department running amok within the company and yet deliver mostly rubbish to the sales team. Spend a disproportionate amount of time promoting themselves internally and not addressing the market. There's an almost cult-like mentality taking hold in the company - "Clarabridge is awesome and if you disagree you're obviously wrong". For a company that prides itself on enabling it's clients to understand feedback, as company they are not receptive to feedback from their own employees. Once you've made the mistake of asking a question about a process or message and subsequently been shot down by management, you learn not to ask questions again and just accept what you're told. Seeing Management walking around with brand new Mac books while you're waiting for your 2010 Dell laptop to wheeze to life is somewhat disheartening.

Advice to Management

Despite some good wins, accept you're not Google and can't dictate to the market. Consider training people to efficiently execute in their job - not talk down to them. Weed out the people and processes that currently slow things down - Process for process sake is not good.

Clarabridge Response

Jan 30, 2015Talent Acquisition Operations Lead

Thanks for sharing. Clarabridge wants all our employees to feel that they operate in a work environment where people feel comfortable sharing their opinions and where good communication skills are ... More