Good luck if you're in ANY promotions job here; corporate will suck out your soul.

Current Employee - Promotions Assistant  in  Detroit, MI (US)
Current Employee - Promotions Assistant in Detroit, MI (US)

I have been working at Clear Channel part-time for less than a year

Pros

There is no doubt that the people who work in radio are amazing. I have had more laughs at this job than any other, but that is all because of the people that work there.

Cons

The management has no idea what they are doing. They hired a complete robot (often a joke among employees) as the OM. Promotions assistants are at the very bottom of the "food chain", and they treat them like it.

Management needs to stop being fake. Show some emotion, even some compassion. If someone comes to you telling you that the moral is at an all time low in an entire department, you should not answer with "well if they don't like it here, they should leave." And promotions assistants should never have to babysit talent. If a 40-year-old wants to get drunk at their event, that is not promotion's job to tell anyone to slow down.

Other Reviews for Clear Channel

Very Boring!

I worked at Clear Channel

Pros

I met a cool band once.

Cons

I was at my desk listening to music and the large woman who was the manager was like, "TUZrn THAT OFF!!". It was like she had been holding it in for a long time.. HAHAHAHHA!! Also calling people all day just to set up boring interviews? I would rather swim in a swamp for missing golf balls and sell them for $1.00 each.

Actually they were pretty nice.

Advertising Executive

Former Employee - Advertising Executive  in  Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Former Employee - Advertising Executive in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I worked at Clear Channel full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Always great to have the opportunity to meet todays and tomorrows upcoming stars. Enjoyed the few and far between perks of sports & entertainment tickets.

Cons

Painfully witnessed the parade of account execs hired and fired in less than 6 months. The effect of this takes it's toll on the others that remain. If you can't handle constant change in direction, colleagues, and managers this job is not for you.

There are newer employer reviews for Clear Channel.

Worked for Clear Channel? Contribute to the Community!