Air Personality

Current Employee - Radio Personality
Current Employee - Radio Personality

I have been working at Clear Channel part-time

Pros

Love working in the radio business. I have been doing it for a very long time and now I do it for fun and not money. This make it a lot easier to deal with low pay. I love the opportunity to be creative and entertain people. Well, maybe I am entertaining myself but, either way, It is fun.

Cons

pay could be a bit better. I don't expect it to get any better so I just go about my business.

Advice to Management

I would love to say pay more to your talent but I don't expect it and understand that radio people are always taken advantage of. No big deal...used to it!! I

reviews filtered by

If you want to feel like doing a good job is a waste of time, this is the company to work for

I worked at Clear Channel full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

perks that come with working in the entertainment industry
    Discount or free event attendance
    flexible hours
    reasonable insurance

Cons

Low end salaries
    Raises non existant
    Sales commissions are always being altered to benefit company, not account executives
    moral
    work/family balance

Advice to Management

Pretending to care is not fooling anyone with that stupid survey. Nobody believes for a minute it was confidential. The people running this organization have no clue how the regular person lives, so the decisions that are being made are harmful to employees. A few rotten apples are ruining thousands of careers without batting an eye.

You work 3 jobs for the salary of one

Current Employee - Director of Continuity
    Current Employee - Director of Continuity

I have been working at Clear Channel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Radio talent very friendly and the company is very receptive for college interns looking to learn more about the radio industry

Cons

Unless someone gets fired, quits, or dies, do not expect any upward movement with this company. Also expect to do three jobs for the price of one. You will not get rich working for this company. If you have a dream of being a radio DJ, stop, because everything is syndicated and live radio is dead.

Advice to Management

Pay employees based on the work you expect from them and don't treat them like workhorses.