Clear Channel
www.clearchannel.com San Antonio, TX 5000+ Employees

More stress for less money

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I worked at Clear Channel full-time for more than 8 years

ProsYou get to work for one of the largest companies in the world. The name "Clear Channel" looks good on paper.

ConsThis was once a great company to work for....8+ years ago! It has gradually gone down hill. I wish it could be blamed on the hard economic times, which, yes has contributed to how they treat their employees, but sadly I think it's more about how the company is managed. They once cared about their employees and treated you like family. The perks were once great. Now it's about how much more responsibility they can pile on you, how many more hour you can work and how much faster you can do it all. It's an extremely stressful environment. I always got overlooked for the work and hours I put in. If they dont like you, they will make your life miserable until you leave. They never fire anyone because they dont want to deal with unemployment. The turnover is really high because no one wants to work for a company that treats their employees so poorly.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet back to what you once were or the company will go under. Start caring about your employees and treating them with dignity and respect. Or start handing out anxiety medication in your new hire packets, because they are going to need it! Otherwise, you might as well hire robots, because that is the only way the amount of work you demand of your employees will get done without stressing them out and making them constantly sick.

High stress environment with poor culture

I have been working at Clear Channel full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Great resources, corporate image, fun industry to be in. Always a new challenge,… Cons: High pressure, no training to grow internally, low pay Advice to Senior Management: More training, improve culture, increase salaries hence "cheap channel" No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

The leadership was rudderless and overwhelmed

Division President (Former Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I worked at Clear Channel full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: International opportunity. Great for sales Cons: Too inbred. Burdened with a dying business model (radio) Advice to Senior Management: Look around. You have better managers than the ones you've… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Clear Channel.

Worked for Clear Channel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Clear Channel reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Clear Channel CEO Bob Pittman. All reviews posted anonymously by Clear Channel employees.