There are newer employer reviews for Clear Channel

Clear Channel is full of great people who feel powerless

I have been working at Clear Channel

Pros

Great employees who want to be a success, smart, creative people.

Cons

Corporate doesn't seem to notice/care about Minneapolis because we don't live in NY, LA, Tampa or Chicago.

Advice to Management

Take some time to learn more about employees, what drives them, many do just enough for senior managers.

reviews filtered by
  1. Average

Former Employee - Creative Services Director in Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Former Employee - Creative Services Director in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I worked at Clear Channel full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The product itself, radio and TV programming/marketing is fun and challenging. There are some talented people in the organization

Cons

The home office is relentlessly fixated on maximizing profits to the detriment of the product. Corporate made the statement several times: "We are in the business of selling advertising. Not entertainment." and this mindset hurts the company and contributes to its shrinkage in use.

Advice to Management

Hire some radio product experts and give people reasons for listening to on-the-air radio. And get back to 12 minutes an hour of commercials. 22 minutes an hour is way too much. You are driving people to their Ipods.

Not for experienced sales professionals

Current Employee - Outside Account Executive, Integrated Media Solutions Provider in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Clear Channel full-time

Pros

Excellent market research, data, and resources

Cons

Lack of consistency among management. Horrible compensation. Extremely corporate. Managers are the least experienced I've encountered. Focus is completely on "inputs" rather than output. Short-term strategy and vision. No long-term outlook nor willingness to create strategic business alliances for long-run gain.

Advice to Management

Empower your AE's to think more independently. Foster an environment that allows differing approaches, ideas, strategies, and solutions. Look for competitive advantage, increase workplace morale, limit the paperwork and mandatory meetings. Stop compensating AE's like independent reps because the corporate expectations demand increased compensation.

There are newer employer reviews for Clear Channel