There are newer employer reviews for Clearwire

Clearwire sucks

Current Employee - Tech Support EVO  in  Milton, FL (US)
Current Employee - Tech Support EVO in Milton, FL (US)

I have been working at Clearwire full-time for more than a year

Pros

good money and benefits, some good people work there

Cons

job security, the company will find an excuse to fire you before laying others off to avoid paying a severance package.

most managers are good, top company officials need to learn how to make a profitable business model instead of relying on borrowing money from other companies in order to appear profitable to investors.

211 Other Employee Reviews for Clearwire (View Most Recent)

Avoid at all costs.

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Clearwire full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Being here for so long, I can pretty much set my own schedule and take off whenever I please.

Cons

- Super fast internet? if you think 4 mbps is fast then by all means try this service out.
    -$50 A MONTH! Too expensive. You can get Time Warner for half the price at 5x the speed.
    - Pay was decent before, but after Clearwire sold its retail services to a 3rd party company,
    everything went to crap.
    - Customer service is outsourced to the phillipines. Absolutely awful. I hear horror stories of people talking to them for hours on end with a problem that could be fixed in 1 minute locally. Common sense people.
    - 401k? Paid Vacation? Sick Leave? Homeboy please they dont give you anything.
    - The entire day is spent on damage control from the crap customer service and crap service.

Stop concentrating so much on new activations and focus on your existing customers. These are the people that keeps your business alive!

Significant opportunity lost

Former Employee - Vice President of Technology  in  Kirkland, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Vice President of Technology in Kirkland, WA (US)

I worked at Clearwire full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company assembled a great team and developed a sound strategy.

Cons

Changes in management, and specifically the dismissal of their CSO, led to the company (and stock price) going into a nose dive that it never recovered from.

Better channel management and investment in the company's wholesale partners), relative to the emphasis on the company's CLEAR brand, could have ensured the sustainability and long-term growth.

There are newer employer reviews for Clearwire

Worked for Clearwire? Contribute to the Community!