CoStar Group

www.costar.com

Great company, great people

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC (US)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Pros

I've learned a lot working with some great people. CoStar is a growing company and has been since it's inception. Whenever you have growth like CoStar has experienced there can be mistakes. One thing the company really needs to get in order is how it cares for it's current workforce, making sure employees are fairly compensated and a better work-life balance is needed.

Cons

Expectations were not realistic, especially those tied to your compensation, you could easily be slighted for circumstances outside your control. Unfortunately many of the management team lacked the ability to train up their employees and true team spirit didn't exist in my experience, often leading employees to feel unappreciated.

Other reviews for CoStar Group

Broken Promises from Senior Management - Say One Thing, Do Another (ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!)

Current Employee - Research Analyst  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Current Employee - Research Analyst in Washington, DC (US)

Pros

- It's a fun atmosphere with good people
    - Great location
    - Learn very quickly
    - Fast paced environment

Cons

- No consistency
    - Senior management sets unrealistic goals
    - No consideration for hard work
    - Really seems like do not want to pay the bonus by setting up a ridiculous 13 day bonus structure when bonus should be based on the whole quarter
    - Very stressful job
    - Senior management does not understand the ins and outs of this job - no wonder the leadership is all over the place!!!

A Research VP was hired several months back and offered so many grand promises. "Work will be better...no more unexpected bonus changes...no last minute changes...keep the morale high...watch our attrition..." Um, okay? All sounds great - but what has been done up to this point? Well, absolutely nothing! People aren't happy, are openly talking about leaving, the goals have gotten worse - NOT better. You base Q3 salary on things that haven't driven the success of CoStar. As a matter of fact - you decide to base 3 months worth of work/bonus on 13 days and after realizing the goals were too difficult to reach you decided to extend the quarter into Q4!? Can't you understand it makes you look like you don't know what you're doing? People have NO FAITH in senior management - NONE! Stop with rolling out these initiatives before you've had time to actually think them through. I'm suppose to work with smart people - but it doesn't seem to translate into what you're doing to your employees. You're making them hate their job, by running them into the ground, telling them to work harder, and laying on them initiative after initiative. Do you not understand what you're doing?! You're running this company into the ground with your approach! We are not idiots and we completely understand what you're doing to us! And it's got to stop! Shame on you for not having any respect for people who work hard for you and ultimately earn you your bonus.

Great company to start your career with!

Former Employee - Inside Sales  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Washington, DC (US)

Pros

Good benefits
    Lots of company parties that they pay for
    Lots of happy hours with the team
    If in sales, lots of opportunity to make big bonuses
    My experience was good because of the manager I worked for.

Cons

A lot of change constantly,
    Always left in the dark about those changes until the last second.
    some managers carry attitude of "sell or die"

Even if I provided advice it wouldn't change them...keep growing yourselves and lay your HUGE egos down a little sometimes.

There are newer employer reviews for CoStar Group.

Worked for CoStar Group? Contribute to the Community!