Commonwealth Technology

www.cti1.net

A small company atmosphere with great benefits

Current Employee - Senior Engineer  in  Alexandria, VA (US)
Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Alexandria, VA (US)

Pros

CTI offers one of the best benefit package in the DC area - this is evidenced by a high degree of retention. The company prides itself on its small company feel and its ability to turn around innovative engineering projects quickly. Great place for to stir your creative engineering juices and to take part in craddle to grave engineering.

Cons

The recent growth of the company may alter the current culture.

Manage growth so as not to negatively influence current company gulture.

Other reviews for Commonwealth Technology

If you like working for good old boys, CTI is your man.

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer  in  Alexandria, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Alexandria, VA (US)

Pros

Hands on engineering. Quality engineers. If you want advance your engineering skills, it is a good place to work. Pay was C+ which they tried to offset by benefits.

Cons

The management was abysmal. This was the worst company I ever worked for, and it had the absolute worse management team. They misled me on benefits and did not honor tuition reimbursements. I joined with the understanding they would pay for my masters and when I gave them the first invoice they went through it line by line and paid for half. I had turned down a job that would have paid me 40k more. When I left employees came out of the woodwork to congratulate me and complain about the management. I don't badmouth people, but I'm making an exception for this company. I will add this was a two-four years ago so maybe things have changed.

Go back to being engineers.

laid-back place to work with lots of very smart people.

Pros

Lots of good folks to work with (and for). Small company with wonderful benefits!

Cons

Like most business today the economy has hit them hard and they recently laid-off about 20 employees.

This company HAD a wonderful attitude towards the employees, retaining them even after projects had ended, utilizing them anyway they could until another opportunity came available. This culture has changed in the past several months hens the lay-offs. It also appears that the company's matriarch has more power than the CEO. The change of culture may become the death of them. When you stop caring for people it will come right back at you!

There are newer employer reviews for Commonwealth Technology.

Worked for Commonwealth Technology? Contribute to the Community!