There are newer employer reviews for Compass Health

Great employees, upper management controls employees by fear

Current Employee - Server
Current Employee - Server

I have been working at Compass Health

Pros

Great direct management, great tips good food. The hired staff is fantastic. Great Christmas parties and informative meetings. Will pay for half of the required footwear.

Cons

requesting time off results in punishment of lack of shifts the next weeks. Schedule for the following week are most often not made until the day before. Most people are let go or made so uncomfortable that they quit. Have to clock out after 6 hours even if you still have work to do. (Dont want to pay overtime) If not, clearly threatened to be fired in an email sent by upper management.

reviews filtered by

Very poor culture starting at the top.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA (US)

I have been working at Compass Health

Pros

Not many. Good benefits if they'll give them to you. Stable industry. Healthcare isn't as affected by the economic downturn. Central Cali is a nice place to live.

Cons

Culture is lacking in integrity and morals. Upper management misrepresent company values. Very shady HR practices and poor communication throughout entire organization.

Advice to Management

Talk is cheap. Don't pretend to have high morals and values. Improve communication throughout all levels of company. Improve HR practices for all levels of company.