Micromanagement to Not My Problem

Current Employee - Collector in Saint Louis, MO (US)
Current Employee - Collector in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at Coram full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is a job. Some dedicated and reliable co-workers. There is a paycheck. Like the work itself. Benefits once you work for 6 months.

Cons

Management treats employees as though they are stupid and can't follow directions. They don't trust us to do the job we were hired and trained to do. We are directed to report issues to management but after months of reporting action was only taken after it became a large $money$ issue. Upper management displays total disregard and disinterested in lower level employees. Advancement is based on who you are friends with and for some employment is based on who you know.

Advice to Management

Clean house and support your employees. Be fair. Walk the talk.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Do NOT work here! They don't care about their employees at all!!

I worked at Coram full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Individual branches are great to work at. Your coworkers are the highlight of your workspace. They are about the only good thing at this company.

Cons

Management on all levels fails enormously. The Branch managers have little to no power to actually effectively change anything that goes on at the branch level. Everything has to go through 'someone' at corporate. 9 times out of 10 they don't even know who you need to talk to, to get something fixed. It's a system of "Not my problem, pass it on". It becomes very apparent that the only people who really know what to do and how to fix it are either incapable of doing so or just unwilling.

This company is for profit and it is readily apparent given how they treat their patients. This company tries to wrangle the most money for least amount of service. The attitude of management is 'there will always be more patients and it doesn't matter if we lose one or three'. Same goes for their employees. The turnover rate is so high, with several employees leaving before their first year of employment is up.

Advice to Management

Give the power back to the branch managers. Let them actually do the jobs you hired them to do! They can be effective if given the tools they need to do their jobs.
    Act like you care about your employees. Let them know that they are valued for the work they do. Don't treat them like they have no life but work. Being on call 24/7 is not right. Everyone should be able to have a few days off without having to worry about being on call.
    Streamline your help desk. Come up with good resources for the branches to reach out and ask for help.

Don't work for Coram

I worked at Coram full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love my patients, pharmacists and below.

Cons

Aweful Corporate culture. Talk about money hungry. They prioritize money. Everything they talk about is money,money,money. They don't care if their nurses are burn out...they allow them to work 6 days a week and then complain about their overtime....major micromanagement. The job doesn't burn you out, it's the Branch Manager and above that burns you out. They are constantly complaining about your overtime..they will dictate how much time you should do a dressing change..The word INTEGRITY and EXCELLENCE is foreign to this company. They are clueless of what it means. How they treat their nurses, pharmacies and below are aweful...it's abusive. I don't know how they can stay in practice...Greed has taken it's toll.

Advice to Management

Fire all of you. Bring in a team that is not tainted by Greed...