There are newer employer reviews for Corbis

A company in constant upheaval.

Former Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA (US)
Former Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at Corbis

Pros

Intelligent colleagues, great benefits packages, beautiful and relevant photography, the existence of numerous offices outside the United States gives relevant global perspective on stock photography usage trends.

Cons

Corporate direction often clashed with customers' needs, major layoffs 1-2 times every year, inconsistent rewards for job performance, stagnant career paths.

Advice to Management

Provide consistent recognition and rewards for annual job performance, listen to the needs of editorial clients (not just advertising/commercial clients), provide opportunities for colleagues to learn other jobs in the company, provide mentoring at all levels.

reviews filtered by

Dysfunctional enterprise not living its values

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Corbis

Pros

Work-life balance, excellent knowledgeable employees, good pay and benefits.
    Digital Media is a cool and contemporary industry and subject matter is very interesting to work with and leverage technology for

Cons

Company touts egalitarian workplace values, and preaches employee retention measures then re-orgs almost annually, losing all credibility. The employees are dispirited and no longer trust management.
    Corbis is always chasing the shiny object and never follows through on any concrete, innovative idea. They lack innovation and so they turn to cost cutting as their method for prosperity. It is sad, all those talented people in a company that cant lead then anywhere,

Advice to Management

Sell the company to someone that can run it. After 20 + years, Corbis is yet to be profitable.
    Corbis needs results or new leadership.
    Stop treating employees as costs to be eliminated before the last of your talent walks out the door

Respect for staff and generous support from our Owner

I worked at Corbis

Pros

Respect for staff
    Strong support from Owner
    Compensation and benefits better than average in general

Cons

Low job satisfaction
    No clear direction and follow through by top management

There are newer employer reviews for Corbis