CouchSurfing
www.couchsurfing.org San Francisco, CA 16 to 50 Employees

On your toes

Programmer (Current Employee)

I have been working at CouchSurfing full-time for less than a year

ProsIf you want to learn to change directions at the the bounce of a ping pong ball, catering to whims and about faces and general directionlessness, fixing what you broke yesterday by tearing it down tomorrow, CS is the perfect place for you. Adaptable people who can pretend to be working, offering fake contributions while praising today's fad and criticizing it tomorrow once "management" has decided to flip the coin again, will be mush appreciated.

ConsWhat's to complain about? Now that the old staff has been tossed in the gutter, the cream of indecisiveness has taken the helm. They are so decisive they can go left and right at the same time, while falling backwards. It's a bit tiresome pretending to be an idiot, and while the food is free, it's a bit monotone.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange management.

The first startup I have found that feels like a real family.

I have been working at CouchSurfing full-time for less than a year

Pros: Really smart people, regular work hours, in-house chef, amazing office… Cons: Lots of change (both in technology and personnel) Advice to Senior Management: With any startup, there are tough decisions on how to grow the company to support new projects. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Best decision I ever made

Current Employee (Current Employee)

I have been working at CouchSurfing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: ...was coming to work for Couchsurfing. The people Couchsurfing attracts are dedicated, intelligent, optimistic, hard-working, professionals who want to change the world for the better, and… Cons: The transition from the Couchsurfing of yesteryear to what Couchsurfing is now has been intense. Having been through several iterations of this organization's business structures,… Advice to Senior Management: Keep doing what you're doing: reaching out to individual members with experience who believe in what we're doing and take their advice,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on CouchSurfing.

Worked for CouchSurfing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CouchSurfing reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CouchSurfing CEO Tony Espinoza. All reviews posted anonymously by CouchSurfing employees.