Covance
www.covance.com Princeton, NJ 5000+ Employees

Covance - too much talk and not enough substance

Study Director (Current Employee)
Harrogate, England

I have been working at Covance

ProsCan be a fairly dynamic work place. Opportunities do exist to move upwardly within the organisation if you are willing to tow the company line.

ConsPoor systems, unwillingness to change, static thinking, lack of togetherness. Attracts some good staff but doesnt retain them. Most managers appear to be people who have stayed at the company for years and have created there own little kingdoms. This tends to result in a lack of cooperation and an insular approach to the other departments. More emphasis needs to be put on performing quality work and producing a quality product. This may impact on throughput and cost but the client retention is likely to improve.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to have a thorough update of in house reporting systems and listen to staff about the problems with these systems. 6 sigma is too slow to remedy many of the immediate faults.

Plenty of opportunities

Chemist (Current Employee)
Greenfield, IN (US)

I have been working at Covance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Decent benefits with a lot of opportunities for advancement if… Cons: Salary not as competitive as big pharma/ag. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Clinical Research Associate

Clinical Research Associate I (Current Employee)

I have been working at Covance full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good company with great benefits and nice people Cons: workload can be heavy sometimes Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Covance.

Worked for Covance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Covance reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Covance CEO Joe Herring. All reviews posted anonymously by Covance employees.