There are newer employer reviews for Covance

Covance - too much talk and not enough substance

Current Employee - Study Director in Harrogate, England
Current Employee - Study Director in Harrogate, England

I have been working at Covance

Pros

Can be a fairly dynamic work place. Opportunities do exist to move upwardly within the organisation if you are willing to tow the company line.

Cons

Poor systems, unwillingness to change, static thinking, lack of togetherness. Attracts some good staff but doesnt retain them. Most managers appear to be people who have stayed at the company for years and have created there own little kingdoms. This tends to result in a lack of cooperation and an insular approach to the other departments. More emphasis needs to be put on performing quality work and producing a quality product. This may impact on throughput and cost but the client retention is likely to improve.

Try to have a thorough update of in house reporting systems and listen to staff about the problems with these systems. 6 sigma is too slow to remedy many of the immediate faults.

310 Other Employee Reviews for Covance (View Most Recent)

Learned a lot about the clinic and myself.

Former Employee - Research Tech in Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Research Tech in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Covance full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I learned a lot I used in my immediate future (graduate school) due to environment that encourages growth.

Cons

The upper management treated the clinic staff badly with threats of termination. Morning staff in the clinic were "cutthroat".

While I hope things changed by now, Covance had a tradition of imperialism. Nobody should go to work fearing they will lose their job due to petty spats among employees. I guess I could only ask that you find the time to be more aware of your employees.

Rewarding and satisfying, I have worked at many CROs and Product Based companies and Covance is the best!

Current Employee - Associate Manager
    Current Employee - Associate Manager

I have been working at Covance full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Management engagement is high, very positive culture, I find everyone at Covance to be very professional and supportive. There is no finger pointing, only a great attitude and drive to solve challenging issues. Covance cares about their employees. Benefits are great and 6 weeks of vaction time is nice.

Cons

none, I really love my job!

Keep on caring about your employees like you do and you will be the best company to work for.

There are newer employer reviews for Covance