Made some great friends, but a not a fun environment to work in.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kennesaw, GA (US)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA (US)

I worked at Cracker Barrel part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Offers benefits for full time employees. Advancement is very possible.

Cons

Horrible pay and a lot of work which doesn't support the pay.

Other Reviews for Cracker Barrel

Unorganized management, don't give you hours, crap pay, Belleville Michigan

Current Employee - Retail, Hostess  in  Belleville, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Retail, Hostess in Belleville, MI (US)

I have been working at Cracker Barrel part-time for less than a year

Pros

Discount on food and in the store, nice coworkers. Sell original stuff in the store you can't find anywhere else. Close to my house don't use much gas to get to work.

Cons

I've been employed since Sept. I haven't gotten more then 15 hrs a week. They hire way too many people and don't have enough hours for them to work. They are always behind on giving out the Par tests. You have to keep reminding management for everything. I'll call to talk to a manager, they say they'll call me back and I NEVER get a call back. I got this job for the benefits, I'm almost at my 90 days and you must work at least 24 hrs a week otherwise you pay the difference for the benefits. I highly doubt I'll get 24 hrs a week so I won't be able to afford the benefits. I was mislead during interview & orientation. They said I could get my 25-30 hrs I requested to work. I should've listened to the other employees when I started. They told me to RUN and that management lies.. How can someone live off of less then $8 an hour with 10-15 hrs a week!! Quit hiring all these low life's and give the employees willing to work a bunch of hours a chance to work! They have a huge turn over, so why waste their time on new hires, when they'll just quit anyway. I want more hours!

Let your good employees get more hours!

Great for a new server

Former Employee - Server  in  Spanish Fort, AL (US)
    Former Employee - Server in Spanish Fort, AL (US)

I worked at Cracker Barrel part-time for more than a year

Pros

They give you a full program to learn how stuff should look and how to act in almost every sort of situation. They also have a lot of managers on duty to make sure the large staff runs smoothly

Cons

Average size costumer checks (about $20) which leads to average tips, 8+ hour shifts, but to be expected. No down time at all be prepared to work for your money.

Make sure to listen to your employees and actually hear what they are saying.

There are newer employer reviews for Cracker Barrel.

Worked for Cracker Barrel? Contribute to the Community!