Never again

Former Employee - Prep Cook  in  Madisonville, KY (US)
Former Employee - Prep Cook in Madisonville, KY (US)

I worked at Cracker Barrel full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you love cooking then it's a good job to have.

Cons

It's a disgusting place to work at. Everything is frozen but most is expired products that they tell you to go ahead and use anyways. The salad they leave overnight in their refridg. to use the limp lettuce and stiff cheese the next day. They over hire which means they lay off constantly and the kitchens are filled with fellow employees making it hard to do your job right. Fellow employees will also come into your work area which makes it easier for you to get blamed for their mistakes they leave in your area when you come back to it, management is chewing your butt. Which brings me to my next statement that management is always chewing you for absolutely nothing. Giving you a hard time and having favorites. On top of that there are many other reasons that i will never work there again other than the constant cussing in the kitchen and yelling, fighting, and favoritism.

My advice... All new management and fresh food!!!!!

Other Reviews for Cracker Barrel

Dont work here unless you don't have a family or life

Former Employee - Server  in  Greenville, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Server in Greenville, NC (US)

I worked at Cracker Barrel part-time for more than a year

Pros

The food, the regulars, the gift shop

Cons

Managers play favorites and show you no respect, you work on thanksgiving, you make no money because theres too many servers on the floor

You would find that if you praise your employees on a daily basis they would respect you more and work harder because they know they are worth something.

It's like a love-hate relationship!

Current Employee - Am Restaurant Server  in  Lebanon, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Am Restaurant Server in Lebanon, TN (US)

I have been working at Cracker Barrel part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Really Good money to be made during the months of November-January
    If you need to pick up extra days for extra money, you can
    Some good managers out there
    Cracker Barrel can get busy, so they keep you moving, day goes by faster, the more busy they are
    Good benefits if your a Par 4... also like the whole Par system
    Good job for someone coming out of high school

Cons

Some guest can be rude, you have to ignore it
    Some guest may not tip, you have to ignore it
    you may be scheduled until 3pm, but won't be leaving at 3pm, it varies. so no exact time you will leave for the day, or night
    the money you make varies, never know how much you can or can not make for a week
    walking, walking, and more walking
    any resturant work is not easy
    not a good job/career for long term
    I would recommend this job to a friend, but would tell them not to stay too long, this job can get frustrating at times, and you are very tired after a long day at the Barrel

Be more respectful, we may not make as much money as you, but we are still equal, treat us all with respect, we are all human and everyone makes mistakes. put your self in our shoes, treat others the way you would like to be treated! the guest are not ALWAYS right, their are some dis-honest people out there. please stop with the yelling, we are not children, and even with that said, no person, or children like to be, or deserve to be yelled at! we need to hear that we are doing a great job, more positive feedback! We as servers feel some of the managers treat us as we are never good enough! Its always, servers do this, servers do that, servers don't do this, servers do more, servers, servers, servers!! I will admit there are some managers that help out when you ask them, and I am thankful for each and every one of them that help, and not just stand back and yell at us!

There are newer employer reviews for Cracker Barrel.

Worked for Cracker Barrel? Contribute to the Community!