Cracker Barrel

www.crackerbarrel.com

Never again

Former Employee - Prep Cook  in  Madisonville, KY (US)
Former Employee - Prep Cook in Madisonville, KY (US)

Pros

If you love cooking then it's a good job to have.

Cons

It's a disgusting place to work at. Everything is frozen but most is expired products that they tell you to go ahead and use anyways. The salad they leave overnight in their refridg. to use the limp lettuce and stiff cheese the next day. They over hire which means they lay off constantly and the kitchens are filled with fellow employees making it hard to do your job right. Fellow employees will also come into your work area which makes it easier for you to get blamed for their mistakes they leave in your area when you come back to it, management is chewing your butt. Which brings me to my next statement that management is always chewing you for absolutely nothing. Giving you a hard time and having favorites. On top of that there are many other reasons that i will never work there again other than the constant cussing in the kitchen and yelling, fighting, and favoritism.

My advice... All new management and fresh food!!!!!

Other reviews for Cracker Barrel

Made some great friends, but a not a fun environment to work in.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kennesaw, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA (US)

Pros

Offers benefits for full time employees. Advancement is very possible.

Cons

Horrible pay and a lot of work which doesn't support the pay.

Unorganized management, don't give you hours, crap pay, Belleville Michigan

Current Employee - Retail, Hostess  in  Belleville, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Retail, Hostess in Belleville, MI (US)

Pros

Discount on food and in the store, nice coworkers. Sell original stuff in the store you can't find anywhere else. Close to my house don't use much gas to get to work.

Cons

I've been employed since Sept. I haven't gotten more then 15 hrs a week. They hire way too many people and don't have enough hours for them to work. They are always behind on giving out the Par tests. You have to keep reminding management for everything. I'll call to talk to a manager, they say they'll call me back and I NEVER get a call back. I got this job for the benefits, I'm almost at my 90 days and you must work at least 24 hrs a week otherwise you pay the difference for the benefits. I highly doubt I'll get 24 hrs a week so I won't be able to afford the benefits. I was mislead during interview & orientation. They said I could get my 25-30 hrs I requested to work. I should've listened to the other employees when I started. They told me to RUN and that management lies.. How can someone live off of less then $8 an hour with 10-15 hrs a week!! Quit hiring all these low life's and give the employees willing to work a bunch of hours a chance to work! They have a huge turn over, so why waste their time on new hires, when they'll just quit anyway. I want more hours!

Let your good employees get more hours!

There are newer employer reviews for Cracker Barrel.

Worked for Cracker Barrel? Contribute to the Community!