Summer Internship

Former Employee - Intern
Former Employee - Intern

I worked at Crate & Barrel full-time for less than a year

Pros

All the employees are extremely nice and make you feel part of their team. The program is well organized and well rounded. I really learned a lot and enjoyed my experience.

Cons

Their interview process takes place a little later, so I had to wait till almost the summer to decide where I wanted to intern.

Other Reviews for Crate & Barrel

A good job for retail

I have been working at Crate & Barrel part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people here really like each other and it feels like one big family. There is quite a bit of longevity which speaks to the employees dedication to the company and to one another.

Cons

There have been too many extreme changes in such a short time that it is unsettling. Changes should have been more thoughtful and gradual.

Sharing comments don't equal a bad attitude.

Company culture changing

I have been working at Crate & Barrel full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There used to be a lot of pros... but now, the only thing above average about C&B is the employee discount and health/dental benefits.

Cons

This used to be a family oriented company until it was sold. Now it is just like any other retailer, concerned only with the bottom line, but a retailer that pays less than anywhere else. Managers are now the only salaried people in the stores... so guess who gets to work all the holidays and overtime without actually getting overtime...

I completely understand that this a business... but most of the old timers that have been here for 10, 15, 20+ years.... I just can't believe that you're pushing them out the door... just sad to me.

There are newer employer reviews for Crate & Barrel.

Worked for Crate & Barrel? Contribute to the Community!