Great Company depending on who you are and which part of the business you work in

Current Employee - Business Development Manager  in  London, England
Current Employee - Business Development Manager in London, England

I have been working at Criteo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work if you are new to digital, a graduate or a 2nd jobber. Alternating every two weeks are 1 of 2 events for staff: beer 'o' clock and sushi/pizza lunches, which is good for morale on those days. The Criteo product actually works, which makes the job a whole lot easier. The company as a whole is going in the right direction, it will continue to grow and will enjoy a successful financial event at some point in the future. It is great feeling to be a part of something so successful!

Cons

There is no staff development at all which leaves progression and the prospect for growth perpetually up in the air, there is not much of a meritocracy within the company and praise is not often given. The very, very senior management is impressive, but below your MDs and certain Directors, the management and senior staff are uninspiring, not there by merit but more because of relationship. There is a heavy Yahoo influence and legacy in the company which lends itself to the classic 'Old Boys' issues. There is also a very high churn of staff at Criteo which either shows they hire the wrong people or are not offering the right opportunities. Criteo is no longer a startup, it is a hugely successful growing global technology business, yet there is only IT support one day a week and the Wifi does not work properly in the UK office. The pay and remuneration is not as high as other companies and much lower than competitors. Partly this is due to how successful Criteo is and also partly why Criteo is so profitable.

Look after your existing staff and work with them to set measurable and achievable development and growth plans. Pay more; too much time is wasted and money spent on recruitment and strategy, when the right people are there looking to build a career you should look after them.

Other Reviews for Criteo

Overhyped...not worth it!

Current Employee - Business Development Manager  in  London, England
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in London, England

I have been working at Criteo full-time for more than a year

Pros

One of the companies where many people want to work, Great knowledge sharing and education - you'll learn a lot about the industry. Has a good reputation overall..

Cons

Stay away from smb department!

You'll be sold on all the awesome benefits of working at Criteo like bonus, equity, opportunity to advance, a lot of responsibility bla bla bla. The bonus minuscule to the point of being worthless as the targets will be set so high that you won't be able to achieve 100%..

The company is hiring a lot of middle managers and not promoting from within.

Politics have started to creep in and take a major hold.

Management is very self-centered only caring for their gross margins specifi. Every step taken is very tactical and the human aspect of the job is not even considered. Its all about numbers numbers and again numbers..you are as good as your last week.

Life is not all about money and numbers. Make it fun to work for Criteo..everyone is so disgusted that your ego even prevents you from noticing it..

Unbeatable Technology and Product

I have been working at Criteo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Technology is the real deal - no smoke and mirrors or marketing tricks. The product works very well at a global scale. This makes Criteo a pleasure to work for. For the most part, the employees are excited about working at this company and there is strong loyalty and pride working here. It's possible to feel connected globally and to senior management in spite of our size. The caliber of the employees is very high - we work with smart people and there are strong standards - I'm always impressed by my coworkers and feel like I'm working with some of the best in the industry.

Cons

We've had a flux of management turnover, unclear career paths and overall personnel instability. There has also been some difficulty in having grown so fast without the necessary infrastructure in place. Our middle management demographic is too large such that its created a layer of bureaucracy, with too many cooks in the kitchen and everyone fighting for credit and justifying their roles.

Focus on decentralizing more - some of the larger mature markets still don't have enough autonomy or power and things get slowed down in having to rely on Paris for everything. There are too many middlemen / middle managers here - too many opinions, too many superfluous internal conversations and we are slowing ourselves down by having this extra and often unnecessary layer. I think we could be structurally much more streamlined.

There are newer employer reviews for Criteo.

Worked for Criteo? Contribute to the Community!