There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Could be worse (e.g. unemployment)

Current Employee - Senior Operations Analyst in Englewood, CO (US)
Current Employee - Senior Operations Analyst in Englewood, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay checks don't bounce. Solid work flow. Company is not okay with being average; always looking to the future and how to be better than the rest. Vast resources to get the job done.

Cons

Core hours. Unable to work remotely. Very out dated policies and procedures, and a lot of red tape to achieve goals.

The wireless possibility is creating quite an internal buzz. Look to your existing employees to staff the new opportunity and reinvigorate them. We now live in a mobile world, with call forwarding and VPN; look to provide work at home days and allow us to be the adults we are.

1792 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

The worst employer I can even imagine...

Former Employee - Inside Sales Manager in Littleton, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Manager in Littleton, CO (US)

I worked at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

None. I am ashamed to say I ever worked here and future employers have stated on multiple occasions that seeing dish network on a resume turns them away.

Cons

Terrible management. No concern for employees. Poor wages. Negative environment.

Try to at least pretend your employees matter.

I was one of their best up and coming new technicians and was treated, for lack of a better term, like garbage.

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Monmouth Junction, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Monmouth Junction, NJ (US)

I worked at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There was plenty of work to be had. You rarely ever didn't make overtime any given week.

Cons

Customer jobs are given a predetermined amount of points and performance is measured by hours worked and points completed. Daily workloads sometimes require extra attention and work to correctly install customers, resulting in long hours more days than not, resulting in poor "points per hour" or PPH, though jobs are completed properly. Other performance areas suffer if you try to improve PPH. New performance measurements and expectations are always being added and modified against the technician, with no input or feedback from the technician. Technicians are also expected to sell customers expanded services and products including TV screen cleaners. A technician now is expected to keep PPH high, to clean the customers TVs to sell them a $15 product every job, and to sell other products and services. For all intents and purposes we became glorified maids and door to door cold salemen as well as technicians, with no significant extra compensation or incentives. The blame goes to the corporate culture and not so much management because management is just passing on what corporate expects from the technicians and even if they do complain to corporate for us, nothing is ever done. Everything is always negative. You could be the best technician with the best numbers in all tracked performance categories, if you didn't meet your sales goal for the month or didn't make goal in just one category, the environment corporate and management set up, you get beaten down for failing in that category and not glorified for success in all others. Even though there are clear correlations between categories like PPH and others that contradict each other. Success in one reduces performance in others. The job sets up its employees for failure and not for success. There is also very little trust, you have to constantly take time and steps to cover yourself in case something goes wrong. If you leave anything to chance and something goes wrong, a customer complains for something that was not your fault, it was your fault.

Don't be afraid to tell corporate and your superiors what policies they are passing down that don't make sense or are far too demanding of technicians that show little appreciation towards them and little or no appropriate compensation.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH