DISH

www.dish.com
Engaged on Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Could be worse (e.g. unemployment)

Current Employee - Senior Operations Analyst in Englewood, CO (US)
Current Employee - Senior Operations Analyst in Englewood, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pay checks don't bounce. Solid work flow. Company is not okay with being average; always looking to the future and how to be better than the rest. Vast resources to get the job done.

Cons

Core hours. Unable to work remotely. Very out dated policies and procedures, and a lot of red tape to achieve goals.

The wireless possibility is creating quite an internal buzz. Look to your existing employees to staff the new opportunity and reinvigorate them. We now live in a mobile world, with call forwarding and VPN; look to provide work at home days and allow us to be the adults we are.

2002 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Good Career Advancement, Poor Compensation

Current Employee - IT Manager
    Current Employee - IT Manager

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Ability to advance within department

Cons

Compensation is poor. Your typical promotion increase is 8-10% from a Very low base salary(typically bottom 20th percentile). Yearly merit increases are 2-4% for high perforners. Senior management cuts down any chance of adjustments, citing poor econmy or lack of budget.

Revamp the entire compensation structure. Take a look at national percentiles and bring all of your employees into the 50th percentile!

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Field Service Specialist IV in Cheyenne, WY (US)
    Current Employee - Field Service Specialist IV in Cheyenne, WY (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits, great plans for the future of the company and industry, bonuses based on performance. I've been with the company for 7 years and have been treated respectfully nearly the entire time. I have met and worked with several members of upper management and the executive staff and have had great experiences with most of the interactions. I would recommend employment to anyone who has a great work ethic and enjoys being part of an expanding company.

Cons

sometimes dreadfully long hours, lack of promotion opportunities in certain areas, high turnover rate

help to balance work and home life for the front lines

There are newer employer reviews for DISH