There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Could be worse (e.g. unemployment)

Current Employee - Senior Operations Analyst  in  Englewood, CO (US)
Current Employee - Senior Operations Analyst in Englewood, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay checks don't bounce. Solid work flow. Company is not okay with being average; always looking to the future and how to be better than the rest. Vast resources to get the job done.

Cons

Core hours. Unable to work remotely. Very out dated policies and procedures, and a lot of red tape to achieve goals.

The wireless possibility is creating quite an internal buzz. Look to your existing employees to staff the new opportunity and reinvigorate them. We now live in a mobile world, with call forwarding and VPN; look to provide work at home days and allow us to be the adults we are.

1764 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

A real job, for people who are willing to actually work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Christiansburg, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Christiansburg, VA (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great advancement opportunities, competitive pay scale, Pay for performance, sales bonus's, clearly outlined expectations, and lenient attendance policy. The Training is paid, and excellent. Management is friendly and approachable. Many extra perks, like prize giveaways, holiday parties, and on site gym.

Cons

Its hard work talking to customers who are upset, but that has nothing to do with how the company runs, its the nature of the business. Pay scale for support staff should be increased, right now you can make the most money if your an agent on the phone. Its upside down to not compensate the people who support those successful agents. Without us, they wouldn't have that success.

Continue to work hard and keep up the good work! This is a real job for people who are willing to actually work.

2nd Time here, and Loving every minute!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative I  in  Harlingen, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Harlingen, TX (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can advance quickly as long as you perform!
    This is the second time I have worked for Dish and I am glad I came back. If I hadn't of had family issues last year, I would never of left.
    The pay is good, it covers my $540 car payment with enough left over to get groceries and necessities.
    The benefits are great as it allows me to see a specialist in my area that I know will help me out, as well as allows my husband to be covered with the exact same care as me.
    I know Dish used to have mandatory overtime, but at least at my call center, that has been cancelled and now they ask for overtime anytime the call volume is high, but it's not forced.
    The supervisors and managers I have had contact with are great. I get assistance with anything, and I know that if I go to the site director, he will listen to what I have to say and not just blow me off.

All in all, I have to say, Dish is a great company to work for. I have no complaints.

Cons

I have no complaints about the company!

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!