There are newer employer reviews for DISH

DISH can DEFINITELY improve in many areas to make this place more enjoyable

Current Employee - Loyalty Agent  in  Thornton, CO (US)
Current Employee - Loyalty Agent in Thornton, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

Competitive pay, free dish tv, Paid time off

Cons

Point system for absences or lates. 5 points is what you get for 3 months. 1 point for everyday missed and 1/2 point for every day late or half day off. And by late I mean you get a 5 minute grace period and then 1 minute after that it's a half point. You gain each point back 3 months from when you used it but once you hit 5 that your final warning, miss or late one more time your fired.

Hardly any pay raises. I've been here for over a year and had one pay increase and that was 90 days after hire. Advancing within the company is based metrics. So is pay for performance, where you get commission for your upsells but then if your not perfect on metrics you lose out and the CSAT surveys that customers take, you have no control over, same goes for customers calling in within 3 days of talking to you and AHT... sometimes good customer service takes time!

No holidays off unless your scheduled off. I will give them that my call center was closed on Christmas this year, but not last year. But I had to work on my day off to get New Years, you get holiday pay BUT.... If your 1 minute late from your schedule start, 1 minute late from your lunch and log out less than 1 minute past your shift end, you don't get paid. RIDICULOUS!! AND you have to do that the day before, day of (if scheduled) and the day after. They observe black friday as a holiday but not x-mas eve.

STOP with the point system for absences and lates. Loosen the slack on metrics and on how you QUALIFY for holiday pay. I'm there working on a holiday when a lot of others are not having to work because they close, I should get paid regardless of whether or not I there 5 minutes before or 1 minute late considering it takes 2 minutes to log into the computer. How about pay raises more often like every 6 months.

1753 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Completely content in mediocrity

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  Littleton, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Littleton, CO (US)

I worked at DISH full-time for less than a year

Pros

Can make decent money
    Can be promoted fairly quickly
    I do believe that executive management has good vision for the future of the company; however, this vision is not trickling down to practial application at the staff/middle management level.

Cons

The majority of management has been promoted beyond their ability.
    There seems little interest in making the company better for the employees or customers.
    There is a strong "That's not my job" syndrome in management that makes customer service suffer and makes it difficult for those who actually want to solve a customer's problem.
    Benefit package is way below average.
    Management blames the high employee attrition rate on the difficulty of the work instead of focusing their own deficiencies.
    Communication between departments is virtually non-existent.

Hire an external manager/director who has experience running call centers and keeping attrition low. this individual should have authority over both the sales and service departments Unfortunately you will not be able fix your problems by promoting from within for this position.

A paycheck you'd want, A job you won't

Former Employee - Field Technician
    Former Employee - Field Technician

I worked at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They give you a van, Dish television at a discount

Cons

This company awards under performance as long as you continue to sell their products. The less work you do the less work you are routed. The less jobs you have give you control over the metrics dish holds their techs accountable for. If you have high productivity and high completions, you'll end up with a much larger route (5-7 jobs a day). In the end the lazy tech and the productive tech often walk away with the same paycheck. This company does not value its techs. It does not value any numbers you can out perform. They will always want more. More jobs done, higher csats, more connectivity, higher production, and all this can go out the window as long as you sell.

Understand that new and current employees feel friction everyday from the hostile work environment you allow a office to create. Start fresh.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!