There are newer employer reviews for DISH

DISH can DEFINITELY improve in many areas to make this place more enjoyable

Current Employee - Loyalty Agent in Thornton, CO (US)
Current Employee - Loyalty Agent in Thornton, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive pay, free dish tv, Paid time off

Cons

Point system for absences or lates. 5 points is what you get for 3 months. 1 point for everyday missed and 1/2 point for every day late or half day off. And by late I mean you get a 5 minute grace period and then 1 minute after that it's a half point. You gain each point back 3 months from when you used it but once you hit 5 that your final warning, miss or late one more time your fired.

Hardly any pay raises. I've been here for over a year and had one pay increase and that was 90 days after hire. Advancing within the company is based metrics. So is pay for performance, where you get commission for your upsells but then if your not perfect on metrics you lose out and the CSAT surveys that customers take, you have no control over, same goes for customers calling in within 3 days of talking to you and AHT... sometimes good customer service takes time!

No holidays off unless your scheduled off. I will give them that my call center was closed on Christmas this year, but not last year. But I had to work on my day off to get New Years, you get holiday pay BUT.... If your 1 minute late from your schedule start, 1 minute late from your lunch and log out less than 1 minute past your shift end, you don't get paid. RIDICULOUS!! AND you have to do that the day before, day of (if scheduled) and the day after. They observe black friday as a holiday but not x-mas eve.

Advice to Management

STOP with the point system for absences and lates. Loosen the slack on metrics and on how you QUALIFY for holiday pay. I'm there working on a holiday when a lot of others are not having to work because they close, I should get paid regardless of whether or not I there 5 minutes before or 1 minute late considering it takes 2 minutes to log into the computer. How about pay raises more often like every 6 months.

reviews filtered by
  1. The rollercoaster of life

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been here many years and have been able to move up into better positions many times.
    Great people work here
    Its a paycheck and I think Joe C is making things better

Cons

pay does not seem very competitive
    expectations between all of the managers are not consistent
    it is not what you know but rather who you know

Advice to Management

appreciate your employees and make sure they feel it

Recent College Grad - AMAZING Opportunity

Current Employee - Human Resources in Englewood, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Englewood, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I could not ask for a better first job out of college. Since joining DISH 8 months ago, I have seen my job duties and responsiblities grow to levels unmatched by my college peers working at other companies. As I desire to do more and learn more, management takes chances on me by giving me exposure to major projects and tasks. I have great coaches and mentors in my department and have been very happy.

Cons

I have yet to experience and major cons at this time. I have been very happy with my experience so far.