Could Be Better, Could Be Worse

Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative  in  Littleton, CO (US)
Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Littleton, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good management (at least in the call center), plenty of training to keep you up to date on what's going on.

Cons

Lazy customer service agents, people not wanting to work. Hard to accomplish payouts based on random metrics we cannot control.

Ease up on the can-be-rigid requirements that are, honestly, unreachable sometimes.

Other Reviews for DISH

DishTastic!

Current Employee - Operations Manager  in  Hilliard, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Hilliard, OH (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is plenty of opportunity if one has the right attitude and energy. The corporate culture is improving rapidly. Joe Clayton has brought fresh energy and a positive attitude. Upper Management has clearly heard the concerns and is responding; the new LEAD program is generating a lot of excitement around leadership development. Dish has a lot of very passionate people. I am confident that my boss really wants to see me succeed, both personally and professionally. I know that my input is valued and my opinions are respected.

Cons

It would be nice if we had a big enough facility to have a dedicated desk for every agent.

Visit the call centers more often. Stay longer than three hours. It's been my experience that how I choose to spend my time gives a pretty accurate representation of my priorities.

My experience at DISH is mostly positive and trending even better.

Current Employee - Territory Account Representative
    Current Employee - Territory Account Representative

I have been working at DISH full-time

Pros

I work with good people who care about customers and each other. I like working for a pioneering and innovative company with really cool products and services. I have the opportunity to be creative in my job. I think the pay is good, for where I live, and the number of vacation days is very good, considering I don't live in France. With the prospect of DISH entering the mobile data and voice marketplace in the near future, I believe there is a ton of opportunity for growth with this company. Increasingly upper managment is acting on more suggestions from employees at all levels and that is improving the company.

Cons

The health insurance is not something I am particularly satsfied with at this time, though management has ackowledged the issue and expressed a commitment to make it better. Parking is an issue at some locations because DISH employs a lot of people.

Just like we strive to be the best in video, and soon mobile data and voice, we should become the best in employee safety and health, across all departments. This would be extremely positive for employees as well as shareholders, and would allow us to better serve our customers.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!