Worst place in America to work... Yes

Current Employee - Dr Dish/Broadband  in  Hilliard, OH (US)
Current Employee - Dr Dish/Broadband in Hilliard, OH (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They are always looking to hire and give hours. I'm really struggling to think of another positive thing to say.

Cons

This company doesn't care about you and doesn't pretend to care. Wither employee customer or both they care more about your money than you. Profits before customers, customers before employees. There is always this feeling that they are looking to replace you. I have been with dish for 3 years and by their stats have been rated as one of the top agents at my site. They work me long hours and seem to not understand if you can't or don't want to work over time. I'm at a call center and they are not afraid to tell you that you are replaceable. They can't keep employees and have a high turn over rate for so many reasons. Their training is poor and they blame the employees for not knowing the job. Then when they get to where i am they find how bad training is up to this point. Them the people that do have experience have to explain why it took five people to fix their simple issue. They continuously and to your job without a raise, and little to no training. One of the big things right now is sales. They are telling people that if you can't get your sales at least 8% or you will be fired. I do tech Support and i find it terrible trying to sell programming to someone that can't get their TV to work. I could say a lot more but i think this is a good start to tell how bad the company is. Oh one more thing. Joe Claton seems to think there is no problem here and told all employees to go on here and wright a review if you like your job. Backfire...

Remember your employees are people too.

Other Reviews for DISH

Probably the worst job I ever had

Former Employee - Executive At HQ  in  Englewood, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Executive At HQ in Englewood, CO (US)

I worked at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

its in Denver, loved living back in Denver

Cons

HR is out of control and use constructive criticism you give in reviews to your employees as weapons against employees

Lack of accountability or performance measurement. Focus is on minutes in the building instead of results

Learn how to manage HR and make them support the teams as opposed to working against them

Stop being yes men to Charlie when his ideas are not the best corse

I am happy here at DISH, and believe the company is moving in the right direction.

Current Employee - Back Office  in  Littleton, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Back Office in Littleton, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The company is moving in the right direction.

Cons

No comment to provide in this section.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!