There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Worst place in America to work... Yes

Current Employee - Dr Dish/Broadband  in  Hilliard, OH (US)
Current Employee - Dr Dish/Broadband in Hilliard, OH (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They are always looking to hire and give hours. I'm really struggling to think of another positive thing to say.

Cons

This company doesn't care about you and doesn't pretend to care. Wither employee customer or both they care more about your money than you. Profits before customers, customers before employees. There is always this feeling that they are looking to replace you. I have been with dish for 3 years and by their stats have been rated as one of the top agents at my site. They work me long hours and seem to not understand if you can't or don't want to work over time. I'm at a call center and they are not afraid to tell you that you are replaceable. They can't keep employees and have a high turn over rate for so many reasons. Their training is poor and they blame the employees for not knowing the job. Then when they get to where i am they find how bad training is up to this point. Them the people that do have experience have to explain why it took five people to fix their simple issue. They continuously and to your job without a raise, and little to no training. One of the big things right now is sales. They are telling people that if you can't get your sales at least 8% or you will be fired. I do tech Support and i find it terrible trying to sell programming to someone that can't get their TV to work. I could say a lot more but i think this is a good start to tell how bad the company is. Oh one more thing. Joe Claton seems to think there is no problem here and told all employees to go on here and wright a review if you like your job. Backfire...

Remember your employees are people too.

1742 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Does not meet expectations

Former Employee - Inventory Specialist  in  Aztec, NM (US)
    Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Aztec, NM (US)

I worked at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some medical, dental, and vision benefits.

Cons

Your team can be number one in your region. Your warehouse pass audits with 100%. Go 461 days without an accident. Damage claims less than $50.00 for two years running. Have the team make over 6.4 points an hour everyday for 160 days, and if you get an evaluation on job performance "Does not meet Expectations".

I still have some ear to what is currently happening in the region. Your rating of worst company by customers and by employees will not change no matter how many times to tell the employees you are working to make things better. Clean house like you should have 5 years ago. VP''s down.

every day there I was thinking of quitting

Former Employee - Manager  in  Pine Brook, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Manager in Pine Brook, NJ (US)

I worked at DISH full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

career advancement, good parking lot

Cons

strange decisions made by management

1. don't be so stingy
    2. respect your employees

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!