Does not meet expectations

Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Aztec, NM (US)
Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Aztec, NM (US)

I worked at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some medical, dental, and vision benefits.

Cons

Your team can be number one in your region. Your warehouse pass audits with 100%. Go 461 days without an accident. Damage claims less than $50.00 for two years running. Have the team make over 6.4 points an hour everyday for 160 days, and if you get an evaluation on job performance "Does not meet Expectations".

Advice to Management

I still have some ear to what is currently happening in the region. Your rating of worst company by customers and by employees will not change no matter how many times to tell the employees you are working to make things better. Clean house like you should have 5 years ago. VP''s down.

reviews filtered by
  1. Advance Tech Support/Customer Service

Current Employee - Advance Tech Support/Customer Service
    Current Employee - Advance Tech Support/Customer Service

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been with dish 8.5 years. I feel that this is a great place to work. Yes, Dish tells you what they expect of you, but they also provide tools to help you acheive the goals set forth. Training,management, and computer tools are all available to help you be successful with dish as an employee. Promotions are made available to everyone...,how far do you want to go or how hard do you want to make your job,hr and management has always encouraged moving on up!!!! A year ago health issues kept me from work for a couple of months,not dish's fault,my team let the people of my call center know I needed help and people that I may not even have met stepped up like family to help.I for 1 am proud to say I am part of the Dish family,that's how I see my fellow employees and upper management, as family and in a normal family issues do arise but if we work to fix those issues together, then the bumps get smoothed out. I wonder where all of the negative comments about work are coming from,I think the best place to work for must be giving the employees something from nothing and those are probably the businesses that go under and lay off people,helping the overall econemy to fail.I say why leave dish and fail somewhere else? Is dish perfect?,tell me what company is?In the meantime,I will stay with my family and work hard to acheive the family's goal and keep a good productive life going.I choose not to be in management and wanted to see at least 1 good comment posted from some place other than management or corporate.We are a great family!!!

Cons

I have none because if I don't use my available sources made available to me, it is my choice to fail or succeed!!!

Advice to Management

Just keep the open door policies and listen to even the newest of employees questions or suggestions.

Probably the worst job I ever had

Former Employee - Executive At HQ in Englewood, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Executive At HQ in Englewood, CO (US)

I worked at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

its in Denver, loved living back in Denver

Cons

HR is out of control and use constructive criticism you give in reviews to your employees as weapons against employees

Lack of accountability or performance measurement. Focus is on minutes in the building instead of results

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage HR and make them support the teams as opposed to working against them

Stop being yes men to Charlie when his ideas are not the best corse