DISH

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

It's a job

Current Employee - Sales Representative
Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I like my fellow co workers and the technology is the best.

Cons

Well last week a report came out that said dish was the meanest company to work for and I have to agree. Now all of the sudden our CEO asked us to write positive reviews on here so I have been laughing at all these new comments. They must have gotten a perk for saying nice things. This place is a joke. It is cheap, micro managed, and scatter brained. Most managers don't have a clue but they get promoted because they have friends in upper management. They expect you to pay everything up front no matter the cost. We only get 10 dollars for lunch and 20 for dinner, so never expect a quality meal. Please do yourself a favor and never apply for a job here. Don't listen to those corporate guys praising this company. It isn't true

It doesn't matter what you say. Nothing will change. Joe Clayton talks a big game , but that's about it. He doesn't care about you or your family. Maybe one day the company will get better but until then congrats on being named worst company to work for and meanest company in the us. That's what you worked for and now you got it.

1883 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Worthless company EVER!!!

Former Employee - Dispatcher in Marietta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Dispatcher in Marietta, GA (US)

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good schedule to work with the hours was perfect and was able to relocate to another state within the company

Cons

The change of schedules coming in at 4am was a killer just to route techs for same day, which I felt was useless only an hour to route techs!!! When Charlie mandate Dish employees to have Dish in there homes, which was the worst service every to have when they didn't have the certain channels like other provider !!! Didn't provide enough Black Station like TV one and Centric like other providers do!! Even though its cheaper but its crap when it come to Black station.

Even though you closed down Dispatch Centers and 1000 of Dispatcher became unemployed, you made working with your company like jail. Each office had rules that apply to that office didn't really award your former employees with reward of doing thing above an beyond. Work the techs like hell during winter and summer hours. You need to rethink on how you get customer and stop changing the cancellation fee from 199.00 to almost 400.00 which is high way robbery. All you big shot sitting in the office should do installments and answer phones and deal with irate Customers

Too scared to say much

I worked at DISH

Pros

They have the friendliness of a high school clique. Wonderfully accepting at first.

Cons

Once you have worked for a few months, DISH comes down on you HARD. Every little mistake is penalized, either in public if you are in front of enough fellow employees, or in private. If you tell anyone that you were reprimanded, you are written up for "reducing company morale". I was written up for crying after I found a razor in my purse. After showing management the razor, they claimed....well, let's just say I kept future objects planted in my desk or files secret, and I'm not about to change that now. DISH instilled the fear in me to keep my mouth shut.

Don't write up employees for having the courage to confess about being harassed.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH