It's a job

Current Employee - Sales Representative
Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I like my fellow co workers and the technology is the best.

Cons

Well last week a report came out that said dish was the meanest company to work for and I have to agree. Now all of the sudden our CEO asked us to write positive reviews on here so I have been laughing at all these new comments. They must have gotten a perk for saying nice things. This place is a joke. It is cheap, micro managed, and scatter brained. Most managers don't have a clue but they get promoted because they have friends in upper management. They expect you to pay everything up front no matter the cost. We only get 10 dollars for lunch and 20 for dinner, so never expect a quality meal. Please do yourself a favor and never apply for a job here. Don't listen to those corporate guys praising this company. It isn't true

It doesn't matter what you say. Nothing will change. Joe Clayton talks a big game , but that's about it. He doesn't care about you or your family. Maybe one day the company will get better but until then congrats on being named worst company to work for and meanest company in the us. That's what you worked for and now you got it.

Other Reviews for DISH

Could Be Better, Could Be Worse

Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative  in  Littleton, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Littleton, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good management (at least in the call center), plenty of training to keep you up to date on what's going on.

Cons

Lazy customer service agents, people not wanting to work. Hard to accomplish payouts based on random metrics we cannot control.

Ease up on the can-be-rigid requirements that are, honestly, unreachable sometimes.

DishTastic!

Current Employee - Operations Manager  in  Hilliard, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Hilliard, OH (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is plenty of opportunity if one has the right attitude and energy. The corporate culture is improving rapidly. Joe Clayton has brought fresh energy and a positive attitude. Upper Management has clearly heard the concerns and is responding; the new LEAD program is generating a lot of excitement around leadership development. Dish has a lot of very passionate people. I am confident that my boss really wants to see me succeed, both personally and professionally. I know that my input is valued and my opinions are respected.

Cons

It would be nice if we had a big enough facility to have a dedicated desk for every agent.

Visit the call centers more often. Stay longer than three hours. It's been my experience that how I choose to spend my time gives a pretty accurate representation of my priorities.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!