There are newer employer reviews for DISH

It's a job

Current Employee - Sales Representative
Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I like my fellow co workers and the technology is the best.

Cons

Well last week a report came out that said dish was the meanest company to work for and I have to agree. Now all of the sudden our CEO asked us to write positive reviews on here so I have been laughing at all these new comments. They must have gotten a perk for saying nice things. This place is a joke. It is cheap, micro managed, and scatter brained. Most managers don't have a clue but they get promoted because they have friends in upper management. They expect you to pay everything up front no matter the cost. We only get 10 dollars for lunch and 20 for dinner, so never expect a quality meal. Please do yourself a favor and never apply for a job here. Don't listen to those corporate guys praising this company. It isn't true

It doesn't matter what you say. Nothing will change. Joe Clayton talks a big game , but that's about it. He doesn't care about you or your family. Maybe one day the company will get better but until then congrats on being named worst company to work for and meanest company in the us. That's what you worked for and now you got it.

1798 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

The worst job experience I've ever had.

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Littleton, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Littleton, CO (US)

I worked at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free dish service, money was okay - I was in top 10% of industry (nationwide). Neither of which worth the stress, lack of dignity, or belittlement you're required to endure.

Cons

Micro-management at it's worst. We'd have meetings each morning, supposedly to boost our energy / motivation...yet, your motivation was simple - if you didn't close a certain amount of sales per hour, you'll be replaced. They make it very clear, each and every day, employees are expendable. If you live in Littleton CO, you're familiar with NOW HIRING sign on outside of the building, which is there 365 days a year. Dish Network is a people mill, they probably terminate 30-45 people a month. Even as someone doing rather well, I knew my time was limited. You were considered a "VET" if you lasted 6 months (that's as far as I made it). They don't pay hourly for sales, therefore common for them to make you work 14 hr shifts daily (they were very efficient at working around CO labor laws). If you had 2-3 days off, it was mandatory you worked at least one 10 hr shift during one of those days. Family values doesn't play any part of Dish core values, allowing employees quality time with their families was never a concern. Employees safety was never a concern either, even in most treacherous road conditions you were expected to show up on time. Be forewarned, being ONE minute late is subject to termination.

"For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?" Mark 8:36

I am wasiting my life working with Dish

Current Employee - FSS in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - FSS in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The only good thing is the salary

Cons

Where do I start from long hours, huge workloads, mandatory overtime, misleading marketing, pressured to be a salesman even though am a technician as I have to sale items to people during my visit. Most of the management talk for everyday is how to bring the office sales up as they have the sales board for each individual technician and how much he sold, either the company revenue from Subscribers is not growing or losing otherwise there is no need to pressure the technicians to sale, we certainly didn’t sign up for that. Beside that driving for long distances that at the end of the day I have huge headache just from that. I feel that I have no value with the company that am wasting my life here.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH