sweatshop labor 2.0

Former Employee - Installation Technician  in  Green Bay, WI (US)
Former Employee - Installation Technician in Green Bay, WI (US)

I worked at DISH full-time for less than a year

Pros

they will hire anyone with a pulse

Cons

•Pay is as unclear as the hours you will work. I was never able to figure out how they were paying me even when i was hourly. If you figure in the cost of commuting to the far out location of the base and it your tool rental cost, expect make below minimum wage for at least 2 years
•Expect "bad dog" training tactics. anytime anything goes wrong and it will everyday they will find a way to lower your pay for the following month as a form of reprimanding you for something that may or may not be your fault.
•Hours worked make it an extremely unsafe work enviroment. All the techs look like they ae trying out for a part on The Walking Dead. My trainer veared off the road many times sacaring the !@&* out of me.

Try hiring robots.

Ive never seen a more out of touch regional manager. Nothing can be said here to get it through to them that the DISH contract for techs is in dire need of repair.

Working anywhere else will be better. McDonnalds Burger King, anything is better than DISH

Other Reviews for DISH

Worst place in America to work... Yes

Current Employee - Dr Dish/Broadband  in  Hilliard, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Dr Dish/Broadband in Hilliard, OH (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They are always looking to hire and give hours. I'm really struggling to think of another positive thing to say.

Cons

This company doesn't care about you and doesn't pretend to care. Wither employee customer or both they care more about your money than you. Profits before customers, customers before employees. There is always this feeling that they are looking to replace you. I have been with dish for 3 years and by their stats have been rated as one of the top agents at my site. They work me long hours and seem to not understand if you can't or don't want to work over time. I'm at a call center and they are not afraid to tell you that you are replaceable. They can't keep employees and have a high turn over rate for so many reasons. Their training is poor and they blame the employees for not knowing the job. Then when they get to where i am they find how bad training is up to this point. Them the people that do have experience have to explain why it took five people to fix their simple issue. They continuously and to your job without a raise, and little to no training. One of the big things right now is sales. They are telling people that if you can't get your sales at least 8% or you will be fired. I do tech Support and i find it terrible trying to sell programming to someone that can't get their TV to work. I could say a lot more but i think this is a good start to tell how bad the company is. Oh one more thing. Joe Claton seems to think there is no problem here and told all employees to go on here and wright a review if you like your job. Backfire...

Remember your employees are people too.

DIsh Feedback

Current Employee - Advanced Technical Supervisor  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Advanced Technical Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have been with Dish for 8 1/2 years now and I have seen the company change and go in many directions and have been in several sites each one being different. I have a great manager who always backs me up and tells us how well we are doing but at the same time gives us an ear full when we need it. I enjoy coming into work on a daily basis and have a great working relationship with those i work with. We have a positive working environment and have fun when we are working which makes our agents more happy which trickles down to our customer service/tech support as well. Dish does give many incentives for those agents that are doing their job correctly they give prizes and money plus coaches and managers can run their own incentives to motivate their team to do better and improve morale. I have worked many different schedules and have had many teams dismantled but i understand that is the nature of the business and things are always changing no matter where you are. I have a management staff that understands we are all people and have personal lives and hey sometimes things happen they are always involved with that and always in the loop and really care about us as people which is hard to find with other companies. But I see it as you work for your Manager not the company so if you have a manager that you get along with you will fight to get them what they want vs a manager who doesn’t care about you.

Cons

I live very far from work i have to drive about an hour daily so I wish we had another location on the west side of town. It would be nice to be closed on major holidays like other providers are My spouse works for Cox Communications and he is off every major holiday. It is hard to properly develop agents when we are not able to pull for aux or our aux gets cancelled so our development session is not completed.

Treat others the way that you want to be treated, a positive attitude and caring about your people will take you farther than you think

There are newer employer reviews for DISH.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!