DISH

www.dish.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

sweatshop labor 2.0

Former Employee - Installation Technician in Green Bay, WI (US)
Former Employee - Installation Technician in Green Bay, WI (US)

I worked at DISH full-time (less than a year)

Pros

they will hire anyone with a pulse

Cons

•Pay is as unclear as the hours you will work. I was never able to figure out how they were paying me even when i was hourly. If you figure in the cost of commuting to the far out location of the base and it your tool rental cost, expect make below minimum wage for at least 2 years
•Expect "bad dog" training tactics. anytime anything goes wrong and it will everyday they will find a way to lower your pay for the following month as a form of reprimanding you for something that may or may not be your fault.
•Hours worked make it an extremely unsafe work enviroment. All the techs look like they ae trying out for a part on The Walking Dead. My trainer veared off the road many times sacaring the !@&* out of me.

Try hiring robots.

Ive never seen a more out of touch regional manager. Nothing can be said here to get it through to them that the DISH contract for techs is in dire need of repair.

Working anywhere else will be better. McDonnalds Burger King, anything is better than DISH

2014 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Incredible opportunity, outstanding colleagues, dynamic company

Current Employee - Director in Englewood, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Director in Englewood, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than a year)

Pros

DISH is truly a company under transformation. This is a company that recognizes that there is a path to be a better company tomorrow than it was yesterday, and it is willing to take risky internal and external steps to get there. This is an unbelievably rare quality among large corporations and thoroughly under appreciated. It is a place where I believe the best idea has a better-than-average chance of coming to fruition. Moreover, I have found the culture to be the fairest I have participated in. It is a tough place to work? Yes -- most environments that expect high achievement are.

Cons

DISH needs to continue address the the various policies drive needless resentment among employees and thwart the company's need to attract and retain the best talent possible.

Management has truly been working to listen more to employees in 2012; it's impacting engagement for the better -- keep it up in 2013.
    Continue your willingness to address out-dated, or less-than-productive policies; expect more from managers when it comes to employee development and coaching.
    Finally, stop being penny wise and pound foolish. Recognize the policies that irritate employees have a hard cost in terms of productivity and resentment.

Probably the worst job I ever had

Former Employee - Executive At HQ in Englewood, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Executive At HQ in Englewood, CO (US)

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

its in Denver, loved living back in Denver

Cons

HR is out of control and use constructive criticism you give in reviews to your employees as weapons against employees

Lack of accountability or performance measurement. Focus is on minutes in the building instead of results

Learn how to manage HR and make them support the teams as opposed to working against them

Stop being yes men to Charlie when his ideas are not the best corse

There are newer employer reviews for DISH