There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Worst pay rate

Current Employee - Matterial Hendler  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
Current Employee - Matterial Hendler in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is no reazon to work for dish..

Cons

The pay rate for reciving people is really bad, for all the work they do that is really ridiculos. Is a heavy job whit multiple tasks

Increase the pay rate, is really sad that it will take ous more than 5 years to make a dicent pay. Pay more attention to the peopple that is working hard in the warehouse, if you don't treat good your employes, i don't think you will do it whith the costumers.

1742 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Good company...but could be better

Current Employee - Field Service Specialist II  in  Grain Valley, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Field Service Specialist II in Grain Valley, MO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love working for Dish. I get guaranteed overtime in the spring and summer and depending on workloads even in fall and winter. Usually only have to work four days a week most the year. Get to work unsupervised. Being a remote technician get to keep van and equipment at home. Get to something "different" every day and meet different people every day.

Cons

The metrics which techs get bonuses is very flawed.

-Connectivity: In this technological world a lot of people are using their phones to create hotspots to get on the internet, which we cannot connect to. Or people only have limited data usage on satellite internet which our systems just eat right through the usage allowance.

-TC Rates: I don't fully blame the CSRs but some make it seem like if they cannot appease a customer over the phone or take a little time to try and troubleshoot over the phone they send a tech, which hits us with trouble calls (TC). Even something as simple as changing inputs on the tv or changing the batteries on the remote.

Benefits are awful. For myself and my two children I half to spend $140 every two weeks for the better medical insurance. I require medication and it costs me $125 every two weeks for one vial until I meet the deductible. The cost of the medication before insurance is $300. My last two jobs only required me to pay $70 every three months for six vials.

Improve the metrics of PI. Maybe remove connectivity. Investing in looking after the CSRs require notes or CSR names like the techs are to followup on bogus trouble calls. Otherwise great company.

Find better insurance

It's a call center. Where you take calls.

Current Employee - Business Operations Specialist  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Business Operations Specialist in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

In general: If you can deal being on the phones talking to people all day, it's a pretty easy job. The resources are there if you need help, lots of training, lots of opportunities for development and moving into different departments. Shifts are based on call volume so there's always a need for evening/weekend staffing but there are plenty of shift options and many are M-F or earlier in the day. Opportunities to get bonuses and contest prizes or random stuff from network representatives. Need a True Blood flashlight? How about 3?
    My department: Laid-back environment, good culture, great coworkers. If you want to do the bare minimum, the job is fairly simple, straightforward, and can be repetitive. But there are always more aspects of the business to learn and if you're interested in doing more, people are supportive. Very hands-off management, which can be nice if you can produce results and prefer to work at your own pace.
    I came into this job by necessity- I finished school, moved to a new city, and couldn't find anything in my field. I took the job as a customer service agent because I needed a job and I stayed because I felt it was useless to hop from 1 "plan b" job to another. I decided if I wasn't finding what I wanted I may as well stay at one job and be able to show advancement within one place and longevity. I'm probably lucky that I moved into the department I did, but I see room for advancement and overall find the job satisfying.

Cons

It's a call center so most of the stuff that goes along with that is true here as well. Agents are accountable for multiple metrics, need to be able to think quickly on calls, and have to be emotionally prepared to deal with all sorts of people- jerks, idiots, well-meaning elderly, etc. Most positions are hired from within and it's cool that most of your superiors started out on the phones as well. But while there's an opportunity for advancement, there's a bottleneck from agents into support staff. A few hundred agents versus 30 or so support staff. Also, being able to advance is often predicated on doing well in your current metrics, which makes sense, but it can be overly narrow and shortsighted. Benefits and pay is apparently not very good- honestly I don't really have an opinion on benefits and in regards to pay, I was given an opportunity to learn and gain experience in a department for which I had no training so I consider that to be a trade-off.

I know you're busy, but most employees want development and would like an official opportunity to discuss their jobs. When you procrastinate or don't take it seriously it tells your report that you don't care about them or their performance.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!