DISH

www.dish.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Where are the improvements?

Current Employee - Loyalty Agent in Thornton, CO (US)
Current Employee - Loyalty Agent in Thornton, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Customers and coworkers. You do get paid so I guess that could be considered a pro. A 20 word minimum is hard to reach in the pro section.

Cons

New CEO sent out a memo saying that the benefits package will be improved... Never happened. Terrible insurance! Chain of command is useless. They fire the good agents and coaches, and keep incompetent people. Too much pressure to reach "metrics". AHT, upsell, QA, CSAT and FCR. What happened to customer service? Now we even get put on a naughty list if we give too many credits to customers. Constant fear of being fired for any reason at any time. Dish is not even remotely a "great place to work".

Better benefits. We need affordable insurance, not cruises and cars. Don't give us "talking points" and not give us time to use them. Handle time should not come into play when your job is to save customers. Your agents are disconnecting great customers just to lower their AHT. How can you be so blind? Have your agents review their coaches. You might just learn something.

2016 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Management more worried about how to fire employees than develop them. Too much politics.

Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Harlingen, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Harlingen, TX (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Best paying job in the area.

Cons

Management doesn't care unless you are one of their buddies, seems if you hang out with management after work, you get promoted better. Quality control is more interested in finding fault to dock you. Seniority means nothing, in fact it seems the longer you are here, the quicker they are to fire you so you don't have to get your raises.

Crack down on politics in the work place. Remember long term employees mean a lot in this world and nobody is perfect. When an agent voices displeasure, please don't respond with "Well, at least you have a job" which is one thing management here loves to say.

Principal Analyst/Developer

Current Employee - Principal Analyst/Developer in Englewood, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Principal Analyst/Developer in Englewood, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great Opportunities.
    GC processing.
    Dynamic Environment with changing requirements.

Cons

Flexible Hours.
    Work From Home.
    Health Benefits

Pls make changes to below to be on par with other IT shops.
    Flexible Hours