There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Where are the improvements?

Current Employee - Loyalty Agent in Thornton, CO (US)
Current Employee - Loyalty Agent in Thornton, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Customers and coworkers. You do get paid so I guess that could be considered a pro. A 20 word minimum is hard to reach in the pro section.

Cons

New CEO sent out a memo saying that the benefits package will be improved... Never happened. Terrible insurance! Chain of command is useless. They fire the good agents and coaches, and keep incompetent people. Too much pressure to reach "metrics". AHT, upsell, QA, CSAT and FCR. What happened to customer service? Now we even get put on a naughty list if we give too many credits to customers. Constant fear of being fired for any reason at any time. Dish is not even remotely a "great place to work".

Better benefits. We need affordable insurance, not cruises and cars. Don't give us "talking points" and not give us time to use them. Handle time should not come into play when your job is to save customers. Your agents are disconnecting great customers just to lower their AHT. How can you be so blind? Have your agents review their coaches. You might just learn something.

1793 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

There have to be better jobs.

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Nashville, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Nashville, TN (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some pros include the cool latest and greatest technology, the employee discount is nice, and you get a sense of independence throughout the day because you don't have that typical boss standing over you all day long and you are able to make decisions on a per job basis without needing to get "approval" so long as your final decision stays within the corporate guidelines.

Cons

Do not like the fact that I have no clue what time I will get finished for the day. You can sometimes estimate the end of your day, but as soon as you are finishing around 5-530... they will more than likely find another job that "has to go in today", "something came up", "you're the best tech for the job", or "now you're the only tech in that area". I think this company micro-manages with everything from how many zip ties to how many receivers they stock on a van. They also continue to preach that Smart Home Services is not asking the techs to become sales, yet the office crams it down your throat on how much you are selling vs every one else in the office/region.

Take the time to talk to your techs/managers and find out what will increase the morale in each office. I have been fortunate enough to take a couple of OOM trips and discovered that morale is low in multiple offices because there is never a "good job" or "we're doing great". It is always "yes your numbers are here, but I'd rather see them get better". Keep in mind that we did not sign up to work 4 days a week for 15-20 hrs a day and that we have families and other activities we would like to attend when we get off work (hopefully at a decent hour).

Poor culture and management.

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Pine Brook, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Pine Brook, NJ (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Made very good money and still consider quitting everyday. If you maintain a good close ratio, work massive hours and do at least 10 sales per day you will make a living.

Cons

Horrible quality of life. Insane hours. Horrible managers that know nothing about selling or treating people like human beings. If you are absent or late you will get "occurred". If your close ratio is low you will have money taken away. You can get promoted to team lead in six months but that is a pay decrease and even more hours. One mistake you are fired.

Treat people like human beings.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH