There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Promised a great opportunity, provided a lie

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great tech's that work hard everyday. Four day work week. Great direct Managment. Ok pay.

Cons

Techs are overloaded pay a dispatch computer that sends them all over the map with dispatchers who don't care. Upper management screams about points per hour but says the dispatch system doesn't have anything to do with it. Upper management tells lower to do things that are completely unrealistic. Wants van layouts that Dont work And then want to punish techs for not having their vans to layout. Consistently raise monthly goals for sales that techs have to meet and threaten to write them up if they don't meet the goals. Meanwhile, they are trying to finish 7 jobs and bring some of those jobs up to standard that subcontractors did wrong. Providing insurance that is useless unless you get in to a major accident but charge you $150 a paycheck to have it. Upper management doesn't care what their lower managers have to say. They will tell their IM's and FSM's one thing one day and another the next. Get angry when they didn't accomplish goals when the goals were not reachable to begin with. Upper management doesn't care now nor will they ever care about the techs. If a manager shows any kind of loyalty to a tech, that manager is singled out and they find a way to punish him. To show you the integrity of the company. When Dish was listed "As the worst company to work for" all of our managers received e mails from The Colorado home office stating. Please go to Glassdoor.com and tell everyone how wonderful it is to work here at Dish. That may be true in Colorado, in the field elsewhere however, no. Run far and run fast. Just don't run to here.....

Listen to the people who are actually in the field doing the job. Don't threaten people or make them feel like they don't matter but tell them to treat others like gold. Train people better so they don't get in to the field and get lost. You can't expect people to do a good job without providing the tools

1747 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at DISH as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Motivation to sell
    Decent pay for contracted workers

Cons

Long hours
    Work in all weather conditions

Look for key reps and promote them

Benefits

Current Employee - FRC  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - FRC in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

4 day work week, good pay for dispatch

Cons

They told us all our benefits were going to get better. The two biggest things I saw were same sex benefits were added (which I do not need) and the price went up. I have never seen a company not offer paid sick days. And everyone working knows, if there is a family problem and we can't be there for Dish for awhile, they will fire you and move on.

Wake up!! Naming us Field Resource Coordinators does not make us feel more special!! When talking to a customer, we still still have to say "dispatcher"!!

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!