Datameer

www.datameer.com
  www.datameer.com
There are newer employer reviews for Datameer

Great company in a great space of big data analytics

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA (US)

I have been working at Datameer full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Market leading company that is continually pushing innovation in analytics. Very unique technology approach gives a competitive advantage against all of the wannabes coming to the space. Datameer is moving fast but with a vision to leverage Hadoop and make analytics available to lost more business people. Great place to work, great team attitude and its fun working with the extended team around the world and with customers.

Cons

None really, the market is moving fast so its challenging but that is what a leading startup is all about.

Keep focused on the vision and keep pushing to make customers successful and the rest will take care of itself.

19 Other Employee Reviews for Datameer (View Most Recent)

Enjoy where you work. You spend most of your day there.

Current Employee - Technical Writer in Halle, Sachsen-Anhalt (Germany)
    Current Employee - Technical Writer in Halle, Sachsen-Anhalt (Germany)

I have been working at Datameer full-time (more than an year)

Pros

People oriented - Datameer works with you to make sure that you can concentrate on your work. That might mean leaving early, working a different schedule or getting married in the office. But we truly care about our colleagues.
    Great people - I've made great friends at Datameer, at other places I've always just had 'colleagues'.
    Constant learning - I've learned more at this job than anywhere else. There are always people around who are ready to help if you ever have a question. Every month we have a 'geekOut' where we work on furthering our knowledge of topics we don't use at work every day.
    Great amenities - Coffee, foosball table, massages, language lessons.

Cons

Geographic distance - Our team is spread out across two continents. This can sometimes make communications difficult. One party either needs to get up very early or the other party needs to stay at work till very late.

t's a sinking ship

I worked at Datameer full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The office is in San Francisco. There are good people who work there.

Cons

When the office looks a bit empty, he has his spies walk around to do attendance to see who is not in the office that day and yells at those people the next day.

If you want to be watched over like children and not trusted, then this would be a good place for you, if not, do yourself a favor and don't waste your time even interviewing.

Get rid of the main reason the culture is so terrible there. The CEO. He is the reason that the turn over is so high.

Advice to board: ask what the employee turnover rate is.

There are newer employer reviews for Datameer