There are newer employer reviews for DeVry University

Great Experience

I have been working at DeVry University

Pros

Part-time teaching job. Minimal prep work required for math. Salary is excellent compared to many other adjunct type positions. With PhD $3600 per 7.5 week class. The class meets twice per week for 4 hours each session.

Cons

Most of the students are not college ready. Somewhat equivalent to teaching middle school or high school level,

382 Other Employee Reviews for DeVry University (View Most Recent)

Disillusioned

Current Employee - Admissions Advisor in Bethesda, MD (US)
    Current Employee - Admissions Advisor in Bethesda, MD (US)

I have been working at DeVry University full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great Experience
    Used to be a great place to work
    The vision to educate with hands on experience was innovative and quite attractive especially since I had a traditional educational background and felt that I could have benefited more from hands on. That was a great selling tool for new students
    Great education reimbursement program

Cons

Too numbers driven, not focusing on whether the program and the university is the right choice for the student.
    Way too expensive, in the DC area there are Ivy league schools in the same tuition bracket.
    Favoritism, upper management not willing to hear the truth and punishes employees who dare speak up.
    Also there is no room for advancement if you work in certain depts., your interest in moving or changing job roles is seen somewhat as a betrayal and is rewarded in you getting demoted or fired.
    Worked there for over 5 years , consistently achieved goals, trained new employees and helped institute many of the current operations at the center and there was never any recognition or promotion. Only favorites were promoted and as it stands, I understand everyone has been fired and there are all new staff.

Unfortunately, I don't think management ever listens, it would be great to see a company actually take some of this feedback and do something productive with it. In HR we call it "Change Management". So that is my advice.

Short Lived

Former Employee - Student Success Coach
    Former Employee - Student Success Coach

I worked at DeVry University full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great pay! My pay was awesome, loved it. The work was do-able. I loved the students and my interaction with them. Company had good benefits. I was starting to use my education benefits....BUT

Cons

I got laid off after 9 months! And i had to choose between my severance and never working for Devry again- messed up! I didn't take the severance thinking I could get back, not even giving me a interview!? Managers and senior staff get raises only. Speaking up can get you in trouble.

None, because they don't listen anyways. They do nothing but walk around all day and "act" busy. At the end of the day, they are the ones that get the raises and lay off hard workers.

There are newer employer reviews for DeVry University