I am getting a lot of IT experience here at DeVry.

Current Employee - Technical Support  in  Pomona, CA (US)
Current Employee - Technical Support in Pomona, CA (US)

I have been working at DeVry University as an intern for more than a year

Pros

As a student at DeVry, the best part is not having to commute to and from work to get to school. I am exposed to some of the best and most updated software and hardware on the market. Our school has much better IT equipment than any other campus I have worked at. Also, I am free to make my own projects for the most part and the experience I gain in troubleshooting and customer service is invaluable.

Cons

As of right now, there is no room for growth. The team is very small in the IT Dept. and there is no opportunity for upward movement. Our network is not local, so there I am getting very little network communications experience.

Other Reviews for DeVry University

Admissions

Current Employee - Admissions Advisor I  in  Naperville, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Admissions Advisor I in Naperville, IL (US)

I have been working at DeVry University full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free education and good benefits. Other than having a job there are no real pros for this job. The pay is ok and it could be worse in this economy but I do not know many people that enjoy what they are doing

Cons

lack of communication, no accountibility from managment, lie about hours and job duties. Very high turnover rate. Long hours. The for-profit educational industry is haveing a really hard time in the current market. Enrollments are consistently declining, the education provided is a joke, and the cost to attend the school is outragious. Don't walk, run form ths company if you are looking at a job as an admissions advisor.

Don't lie, we all know what is really happening. Do not treat us like children.

Very redundant work, with no real incentives to advance.

I have been working at DeVry University

Pros

Good work-life balance. Good benefits, especially if you are looking to go to school. After 6 months of employment DeVry will cover 100% of your tuition and 90% of a dependents tuition.

Cons

Very redundant work. Management tries to run the business as if it were a commission paying position which wouldn't be bad if it were a commission position but it is not. There is no incentive, but all of the pressure to perform. Many of the managers have very poor management skills, and since they are younger with no prior management experience, they tend to micro-manage, and do not know how to truly motivate their staff.

Come up with some real incentives for performing well, and do a better job of vetting potential Assistant Directors. Do not promote Assistant Directors based on the number of students they register, but on the management, and leadership abilities that they posses.

There are newer employer reviews for DeVry University.

Worked for DeVry University? Contribute to the Community!