Great Company - Rewarding with a lot of Growth Potential

I have been working at Dealer.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people are fantastic - hard working but also a lot of fun. It's a big start-up - which means a lot of rolling up the sleeves to get work done, but also a lot of opportunity to contribute at every level. The emphasis on health is nice, although a bit extreme at times, but that's not necessarily a bad thing! I think the company and its leaders are always striving to do the right thing for its customers and its employees - what a lot of people may not understand, especially those with little working experience, is how difficult (and at times conflicting) it can be to grow a company, maintain competitiveness, meet board expectations, and keep the culture thriving. If you can ride the wave here, it's an amazing experience to be a part of.

Cons

Some instances of immature leadership. Limited talent pool in VT.

Other Reviews for Dealer.com

Whirlwind on the spirit of life path to being escorted on the path to the door

Former Employee - Cafe Assistant  in  Burlington, VT (US)
    Former Employee - Cafe Assistant in Burlington, VT (US)

I worked at Dealer.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

All the moral support from employees when I was forced to leave miss you all. The benefits were great. I won the spirit of life award december 2012.

Cons

I was verbally abused by a fellow coworker. I was supposed to tell people I was going on an adventure in order to work out my notice. Managers taking tips. When I started with the company bonuses were part of my contract for performance they got taken away.

Hr for the cafe should know their policy for harrassment and profanity in the workplace and train the manager and assistant. To the Chief Earthling when someone sits down and writes you a letter and mails it acknowledge it. Treat people the way you want to be treated.

Career Suicide

Former Employee - Regional Sales Director
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Director

I worked at Dealer.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great products, some of the best.
    - Some very great people as coworkers.
    - Some departments seem to have great stability and longevity.
    - Both Burlington and Manhattan Beach offices are amazing.

Cons

- Sales org is a sea of storm waves.
    - Sales org leadership is lacking at best.
    - Little to no proper customer service.
    - Constant flux and changes to comp plans, 4 different plans in 9 months.
    - Constant flux and changes to structure within the Sales & Customer Service organizations.

Please wake up. You've been such an amazing company, until the last two years. You have lost some of your best players, hired others and lost those too, er, have pushed them away. Your sales reps should not have to be on the golf club to have and/or keep a career at Dealer. Most importantly, all of this flux just hurts the customers.

There are newer employer reviews for Dealer.com.

Worked for Dealer.com? Contribute to the Community!