Dean & Company

www.dean.com

Great place to build broad based consulting skills

(Former Employee)

Pros-Very high quality consulting projects. Projects range across a broad spectrum: M&A deal support, CRM strategy, competitive strategy and financial planning and analysis. Good exposure to a number of industries. Private equity relationships are valued very highly in the industry.
-Great place to build consulting and business skills: Senior client interaction is very common. Projects are very analytical in nature. In addition to consulting projects, Dean also offers a number of business development opportunities.
-Opportunity to work with very smart people. Recruitment is very selective and the consulting folks who I interacted with throughout my duration were very bright.
-Compensation is good
-As one becomes tenured, company is very flexible in accommodating requests to improve work-life balance

Cons-Unpredictable hours
-Limited alumni network
-Sometimes cases can be long with limited opportunities to diversify experience

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in business development and leadership training for the mid-level consultants.

Outstanding Consulting Experience, Broad business exposure

(Former Employee)

I worked at Dean & Company

Pros: - World class consulting experience. Cases similar to Top 3 consulting firms - Great place for professional development… Cons: -Unpredictable hours - largely due to the nature of consulting… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Quality exposure, terrible management

Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Dean & Company full-time

Pros: -Decent pay -Reasonable hours (depending on who you're working for) -Early exposure/responsibility Cons: -Managers don't know how to manage. The company generally hires PHDs for these roles and many of them would make better analysts than managers. -Ridiculously poor… Advice to Senior Management: Quit – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Dean & Company.

Worked for Dean & Company? Contribute to the Community!