Deloitte LLP
3.5 of 5 5,671 reviews
www.deloitte.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Good Tools, Good Learning, But Over Worked

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Princeton, NJ (US)

I have been working at Deloitte LLP

ProsA big Microsoft shop, so they use the most current Microsodt development tools and operating systems. Good support for personal development and professional training. Good benefits package. Above average in number of vacation days.

ConsDeloitte claims to have work life balance standards and family life understanding in place, but falls woefully short in practice. Expect to be shunned and have little to no career advancement if you try to take advantage of any work life balance programs.
High burnout rate as senior management puts on pressure to work much more than the typical 40hr work week. Guess this is expected as most seinior managers have come out of the accounting practice where it is commonplace to work 50+hrs at times. Can expect to be asked to work on Saturdays at least a few times a year because project managers underestimate development time or they misrepresent project status to senior management..
The yearly review process is extreme and can take over two days to complete.
Can be tough to get answers from senior management about high level direction, as these kind of questions must always wait to be answered at the next partners meeting. I've seen cases where one requirement that needed an answer held up product development for six months.
No bonus plan. Yearly raises are given out on a curve and has a hard cap, even though HR and management say's otherwise.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not treat IT, and software development folks like accounting and accountants. These are two different types of projects and two different types or employees. Accounting projects have hard, fixed deadlines and standards set by the government while your software development projects should not. When you ask IT to work lots of extra hours, please reciprocate and you will reduce turnover and burnout. Remember that accountants have a not-busy season, and IT do not. Work-Life balance to IT is different than work-life balance to accountants.
A much more open and public method of providing raises and bonuses would go a long way.

Great Place to Work

I have been working at Deloitte LLP

Pros: Good advancement potential with good opportunities to work on various projects. If you put in… Cons: Advancement is limited if you do not have a Senior Manager or Partner… Advice to Senior Management: The executive leadership team does a good job creating opportunities. At times they appear to spend too much time… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Former BearingPoint practitioner just learning about Deloitte post acquisition...

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at Deloitte LLP

Pros: Deloitte has done an excellent job integrating the former BearingPoint Public Services resources. I have been impressed with the integration across member firms and the… Cons: I have not been here long enough to really comment... I would say I suspect Deloitte can trim down the staff structure a bit. At… Advice to Senior Management: Continue with the effective BearingPoint integration and quickly capitalize on the market opportunity… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Deloitte LLP.

Worked for Deloitte LLP? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deloitte LLP reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Deloitte LLP CEO Joe Echevarria. All reviews posted anonymously by Deloitte LLP employees.