Deloitte

www.deloitte.com
  www.deloitte.com
There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

Deloitte has enabled me to build the skills and experiences to be successful in management consulting and beyond.

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC (US)
Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

1) Interesting business questions and situations: we have the opportunity to work with our clients on many of their most interesting and challenging issues.

2) Apprenticeship-driven culture: leaders take the time during project work and beyond to help build skills and expertise in the staff.

3) Diverse roles and projects: the goal of many people out of undergrad and grad school entering consulting is to try out various types of work and industries, Deloitte has absolutely afforded me that opportunity to learn and explore before specializing.

4) Incredibly talented and fun staff: probably the single thing that makes me love my job is the staff I get to work with day to day. Bright, talented and definitely pass the 'airplane' test of fun to be around.

Cons

The biggest challenge, and often the reason I've seen peers move into other roles, is the amount of travel. While there are non-client facing roles that allow you to be at home, the client-facing side of the business requires frequent travel to work on-site with our clients. This can mean long periods of time away from home.

6951 Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte (View Most Recent)

You get out what you put in, just make sure you align yourself with teams that are willing to support you.

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Deloitte full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Tons of opportunity to grow & develop yourself
    some unbelievably caring and generous people

Cons

All companies have some terrible people that slip through the cracks, Deloitte is no exception - so be mindful of blindly trusting everyone who promises you the world
    It is a very large firm, it you want to be more than a number, it is up to you to make sure you & your efforts are well known. Otherwise you very likely will get lost in the crowd.

Be more proactive about those few bad apples that will run their teams through the ringer then throw them under the bus.

Office of Information Management Summer Intern

Former Employee - QA Analyst in Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - QA Analyst in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Deloitte as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Very positive office environment. Everyone is extremely intelligent and encouraging. The managers put a lot of responsibility on the interns to get the work done that is assigned to them. The managers are not constantly checking in on the interns to make sure they are doing their work, the interns are allowed to manage their time as long as the work is done within the given timeline.

Cons

Only con was that since it was the first year OIM had interns, the internship program had a few bugs in it, or the program seemed a bit disorganized at times.

There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte