Demand Media
www.demandmedia.com Santa Monica, CA 500 to 999 Employees

Good place to grow career

Product Manager (Former Employee)
Santa Monica, CA (US)

I worked at Demand Media full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLots of hands-on experience. If you work hard and are smart you will be given a lot of responsibility and trust. They give people opportunity to move around when/if you want. Frequently hire interns for full time positions after graduation. Fun place to work, young and innovative environment. Overall the people within the company are smart, talented, hardworking and fun to work with. Some teams, however, are definitely better than others.

ConsManagement needs training, they do a poor job of fostering talent. No mentorship whatsoever. Very young and at times immature workplace. Lots of drinking/partying, so if you have problems with that, this might not be the place for you. Salary range wavers person-by-person and compensation is rarely fair. If you want to grow you have to be aggressive and proactive about it. They will, however, pay for classes and conferences.

Advice to Senior ManagementMentorship program. Management training.

Not a bad place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Kirkland, WA (US)

I worked at Demand Media full-time for less than a year

Pros: Nice location, free lunch on Fridays Cons: Managements/HR's open door policy is a smokescreen. There is very… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good place to grow your career

Manager (Current Employee)
Santa Monica, CA (US)

I have been working at Demand Media full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great location and people, fun place to work. You have plenty of opportunities to explore different career paths. It's a growing company… Cons: Compensation is not great, but benefits are good. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Demand Media.

Worked for Demand Media? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Demand Media reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Demand Media CEO Shawn Colo . All reviews posted anonymously by Demand Media employees.