Dillard's

www.dillards.com
  www.dillards.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dillard's

Not what I was made to believe upon interviewing.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA (US)

I have been working at Dillard's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I am in a commission area so there are opportunities to make extra money, as long as you are agressive and do not do the other assigned work you are required to do. Schedules normally post a month out.

Cons

This job is physically demanding, and takes an emotional toll on you. Being in commission, you dont make any money until after you have basically paid back your wages for the month, then, anything above that is yours. There is stock most days of the week, and not everyone is held responsible for doing their part, so others end up doing the bulk of the stock. Lifting, and ladder climbing is required many times a day, and you are often hit with falling shoe boxes for a variety of reasons. The management, from the store manager down to the individual areas, are not friendly, and when a call is placed to have one assist you with a customer situation, no one shows. If they do show, they usually embarass you in front of the customer by talking down to you. When there are markdowns, you are usually given a task to do, that ends up running over when you were supposed to leave, and keeps you from getting sales, which makes it hard to make up the dollars you have been paid. After so many months in deficit you lose your job. Time taken away from sales are rarely coded so that its not going against you. Customers are demanding and can be horrible because they know Dillards will do what ever they want. Schedules are sometimes changed a day or two before hand, and you are not notified of this change, or even asked if you are able to work the proposed change(s), resulting in canceling personal plans.

Show more appreciation for your employees, and teach your management how to be more personable. Get a team hired to do stock work, outside of the dock. Follow up with people when they come to you with an issue. Better training for the employees, and change the way your commission policy works, its unfair and ridiculous.

1153 Other Employee Reviews for Dillard's (View Most Recent)

short term job work here to get a pay check while looking for another job

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Gretna, LA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Gretna, LA (US)

I have been working at Dillard's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

employee discount was great especially when they were having a sale. I picked up a king size comforter for $30

Cons

management didn't care about you, constant push to open credit, and IMPOSSIBLE! daily sales goals. you could come to work everyday on time and help every customer in the department and not make my numbers because it was slow and would get a pay cut regardless of performance as far as coming to work, being on time, and doing any special tasks that were assigned. if there was a "visit" from mr dillard or upper management then all hell would break lose to get your department looking impeccable. there were many days that i left late or came in early and did not even get a thank you. i guess thats what i get for volunteering. when a life event relocated me to TX management refused to transfer me although I gave them longer than two weeks notice and also worked through the holiday season rather than leaving them high and dry when they were already short staffed. i worked in the worst department in the store; the "home" department. when speaking to other employees though it was clear other departments werent much better

review "quota" card system, respect your employees time, be thankful for the hard work of your employees

I work for this company

Current Employee - Cosmetics Associate in Wichita, KS (US)
    Current Employee - Cosmetics Associate in Wichita, KS (US)

I have been working at Dillard's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I work for this company so nothing

Cons

Everything they have the worst management

Treat workers like human beings, stop taking all your anger out on your employees and work better on being a person and job

There are newer employer reviews for Dillard's