diodes design

Former Employee - Product Design Engineer in San Jose, CA (US)
Former Employee - Product Design Engineer in San Jose, CA (US)

I worked at Diodes

Pros

nice collegues
some new technology development

Cons

no much challeges
Pay so so

reviews filtered by

Bad Sr. management, low integrity and ethics, and nepotism plague this company.

I have been working at Diodes

Pros

Small so people know you, nice people at lower level, and location of new HQ.

Cons

~50% of empoyess are from same culture/same church. ~8% related to CEO somehow. Copy identity/flow from TI (not very original). Lack of basic resources for support. Too many manual systems. Bad senior management.

Advice to Management

Treat people with respect and digniity. Ask employees to speak English. Non-speakers left out socially and within team.

2. Worker Beware!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lees Summit, MO (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lees Summit, MO (US)

I worked at Diodes

Pros

None really. The Operators and Supervisors were some of the best people but they were severely limited by the tools they had to work with.

Cons

Upper management treats you like dirt. Too many meetings with not enough time to do any decent work in between. Horrible work ethics towards employees. Expected to be there 24hrs per day. Expected to have zero home life. Hugely high staff turnover including middle manager. Blame culture is the order of the day and the only way to survive.

Advice to Management

Purchase a good wafer monitoring software system for the cleanroom. This one action would increase productivity and give time for all employees to work better/smarter, and would save so much time. Currently they run a paper traveller system which means you can hide wafers/yields easily, and spend many hours finding lots.