There are newer employer reviews for Dixons Retail

Friendly staff all around and they try their best in other areas

Current Employee - Technical in Nottingham, England
Current Employee - Technical in Nottingham, England

I have been working at Dixons Retail full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly staff, can be good pay dependin on which role you take some are beter then others and a big learning curve.

Cons

You need alot of patients with customers but you can develop it on the way, listening skills and know how to de-stress but its all in the training.

Advice to Management

Relax and have fun :-)

reviews filtered by
  1. A short, but very exciting experience...

Current Employee - Customer Advisor in Sheffield, England
    Current Employee - Customer Advisor in Sheffield, England

I have been working at Dixons Retail part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Excellent training, diligent team leaders, sufficient amount of breaks and good access to windows. Great opportunities of promotion.

Cons

Chances of getting moved around, i.e different teams or even different floors. There are days when calls are very few and the systems tend to fail to often resulting in long holds and transfers.

2. Booged down in short termism and beuracratic processes, leading to constant firefighting.

Former Employee - Category Manager in Hemel Hempstead, England
    Former Employee - Category Manager in Hemel Hempstead, England

I worked at Dixons Retail full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some nice people, and young and fun to be with workforce. Dixons can serve as a springboard to work at on the manufacturing side, which pays a lot more.

Cons

Slave wages - the staff turnover is incredible. Nobody seems very happy at all both in their role and with the culture of the company as a whole. Absolutely miles behind the competition in terms of planning and strategising in middle management. For too much heirarchy, Senior management have no idea on the amount of time it takes to get the most simple things done due to excessive beurocracy.

Advice to Management

Fancy top level cosmetic changes are not the answer to all of your prayers. Look at systems and processes to make progress happen.

There are newer employer reviews for Dixons Retail