Dixons Retail

www.dixonsretail.com

Some good people, a lot of inefficiency and far too much politics

Manager (Former Employee) Sheffield, England

ProsThe people are mercurial; I worked with some of the best people I have ever met in their fields. The senior leadership team talk to the people on the front line in terms of customer experience and doing the right thing.

ConsUnfortunately, far too many are average at best, and there's a lot of incompetence and lack of accountability. Despite talking a good game, with their customer plan, the focus is consistently on reducing cost base. During times of unprecedented sales demand, costs continue to be cut driving a poor customer experience and lost revenue.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider budgets beyond single fiscal years. You lose revenue through over promised cost base cuts, which means you cut into flesh rather than trimming fat.

Work long hours, pressure to perform

IT Support (Current Employee) Hemel Hempstead, England

I have been working at Dixons Retail full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: 10% discount at store. Can't think of anything else Cons: Long hours, no career progression prospect, continuous redundancies and managed out of business. Staff appreciated by higher management just another number.… Advice to Senior Management: Listen you your staff and appreciate the hard work they… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good company to work for, trying hard to change public perceptions

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Hemel Hempstead, England

I have been working at Dixons Retail full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Going through a major transformation of the whole end to… Cons: Poor social scene due to location of the office (industrial estate) Head office… Advice to Senior Management: Celebrate successes more often Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Dixons Retail.

Worked for Dixons Retail? Contribute to the Community!